Page 209 of 418 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I dont see the relevance then of some lower end race class if they arnt backed by ford and race cars that at boped, but thats what ever then.

Your still watchig a commercial thats thinly vailed as a competitive race. but thats me, i dont get setimental to a brand/companies with exception to maybe warped sportz back in the day. If watching brands trying to pretend like they are racing for competetive glory is your thing so be it, i guess you do have a right to be mad. I just dont see morals and ethics in something commercially produced in a "sport" nonetheless. But then to say autoracing is sport is something else all together.

Also, dont be a dick to be a dick and to say its excusable because it falls in your rules to be a dick, someone with such regards for ethics and morals wouldnt want to be a dick on purpose.
    Last edited by Matt131Steck; 06-09-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Typos and etc

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Where stock racing would turn into prototype racing. Low production numbers of a car they can eat the cost of and make it crazy good in a stock class race format turning it into prototype racing.

Meaningful outcome means there is some weight behind what actually happens on the track. Only reason I'm even interested in this is because you are a very logical thinker and you didn't start a post saying look at what Ford did to skirt the rules in this racing format, you came in angry about something that Ford did and I'm just trying to decide if there is logic behind the outrage or if it is just a fan being irrational about something. Both are fine outcomes by the way, it just peaked my interest on a slow work Friday.
    and yes GT3 is that kind of class. GTE/GTLM is slightly different, they are slowly moving towards prototype racing with all the exemptions they have been getting in the last few years.

what does "have any weight behind it" mean? i guess i don't get what you are going for.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt131Steck View Post
    I dont see the relevance then of some lower end race class if they arnt backed by ford and race cars that at boped, but thats what ever then.

Your still watchig a commercial thats thinly vailed as a competitive race. but thats me, i dont get setimental to a brand/companies with exception to maybe warped sportz back in the day. If watching brands trying to pretend like they are racing for competetive glory is your thing so be it, i guess you do have a right to be mad. I just dont see morals and ethics in something commercially produced in a "sport" nonetheless. But then to say autoracing is sport is something else all together.
    what is "relevance"

what are you guys looking for? its a car race, if you don't have rules, then whoever has more money will win. if you want to know who has more money, and would thus win an all out no rules racing series, you can just look at bank accounts. so you need to have rules, and those rules will limit the car performance.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I just thought we were havig a discussion, didnt mean to ruffle any feathers my brother. Relax

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    what is "relevance"

what are you guys looking for? its a car race, if you don't have rules, then whoever has more money will win. if you want to know who has more money, and would thus win an all out no rules racing series, you can just look at bank accounts. so you need to have rules, and those rules will limit the car performance.
    Ok let's stay on the gop racing topic. Is LeMans still letting Ford race? If yes then they didn't break the rules they took advantage of them and their money they could throw at the book makes gop racing a farce and needs to be modified. If they are suspended or penalized then they pushed it too far and got beat doing it. What would you do to make the gop a more pure race?

i find it insulting you believe car racing is a commercial, and not a sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Ok let's stay on the gop racing topic. Is LeMans still letting Ford race? If yes then they didn't break the rules they took advantage of them and their money they could throw at the book makes good racing a farce and needs to be modified. If they are suspended or penalized then they pushed it too far and got beat doing it. What would you do to make the gop a more pure race?
    i believe they are being penalized this year, with sitting at the back of the grid.

Is there car still going to be able to put up 6 seconds a lap over the next guy?

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i find it insulting you believe car racing is a commercial, and not a sport.

Well not to generalize too much, but most sports are commercials anymore, but with the athleticism being secondary to the equipment in autoracing i think its insulting to actual athletes to refer to autoracing as a sport

Having been down this rabbit hole before, I might suggest disengaging. There's no path toward a reasonable discussion, it's likely to dissolve into vulgarity and name calling. Feelings will be hurt. It's an oft-repeated pattern.

Insider
    well you can't race cars you can actually buy, and you certainly can't race them for 6+ hours. they will explode. street cars do not make good racing cars (and vice versa)
    Well, that would be great.

I mean, really. First, the cars would have to get better.

You would have to pace your car to the total event. So, go slowish most of the time. Strategize.

We will end up with beefier cars, the races will have nice engine detonations, and the customers would also get a great metric for how good their car really was, or at least we can figure out what not to buy.

Fun for all and some better cars. Win-win. Who do you think would do well in that environment? Race based on price, so we get some better low end rides also - a BRZ with a turbo finally for example.

On the flip side I am game for F0 type racing. Give them a max budget. After that, everything is totally unlimited. Built the craziest beast possible. Innovate. Refine. No cheating possible besides the budget, because no other limits.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com