Page 49 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

mmm, new Ford GT racecar:

With a giant diffuser!

must call dr. erection shall last longer than 4 hrs.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

GTE spec, pushing a 2 car effort in both FIA, and IMSA. possibly combining both efforts (4 cars) for lemans 2016

we'll see what shes got ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Not digging the livery on the nose for some reason, but otherwise looks noice.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    I will miss the days when you had time to answer questions and talk to us here.
    Meh, I have 6 and 2 exchange students. If anyone can figure out the juggle, it will be him. Not for 2-3 years yet, but hey. He will be back.

must call dr. erection shall last longer than 4 hrs.
    The GT Video you might want to watch alone:

Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

porsche wins overall, corvette sangs the class win. and the nissian LMP1 was a flop, as most of us predicted.

wish ford was pushing a prototype instead of a GT car, but it will be excellent to see another factory GTE/GT3 effort out there. now we just need viper back, but i dont see that happening any time soon.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-14-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

The GT engine is just the newer version of the one they used in the Daytona prototype's isn't it? Could be cool if they eventually step up into LMP.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    The GT engine is just the newer version of the one they used in the Daytona prototype's isn't it? Could be cool if they eventually step up into LMP.
    yeah its the v6 ecoboost they run in the daytonas as far as i know.

idk, i get the whole GT thing, its excellent, but with racing fundamentally changing since the 60s, a class win at le mans, is not what the original GT did, thats all im saying. it was an outright winner, not a class winner. and one would think with ford pushing millage on all models all the time, that marketing a full hybrid LMP1 effort would be good for them too. porsche did that in the late 70s too, winning in class with 944 GTP and such, but then had to have a serious talk and say "this is dumb, lets win it outright" and the 956 was born.

be interesting in GTE next year though! i'd love to a homologated GT3 spec car too, but thats just cause i like sprint racing more than endurance racing, PWC is IMO the best racing around.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-15-2015 at 10:59 AM.

You do need to remember what Audi did with their diesel. No longer is it win on Sunday, sell on Monday. You need to grab the attention of the people and prove a point. People will see a racecar and expect a race motor; fully worked, special internals, anything not spec. So for them to take a stock motor and put it in one of the most enduring, iconic and toughest races says a lot.

True an overall win in Le Mans is something huge in history, but a class win is important today. As they can take that class win and actually apply it to what is more important to selling cars. It was what Nascar was good at, till they stopped using "stock" cars and build purpose racing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    You do need to remember what Audi did with their diesel. No longer is it win on Sunday, sell on Monday. You need to grab the attention of the people and prove a point. People will see a racecar and expect a race motor; fully worked, special internals, anything not spec. So for them to take a stock motor and put it in one of the most enduring, iconic and toughest races says a lot.

True an overall win in Le Mans is something huge in history, but a class win is important today. As they can take that class win and actually apply it to what is more important to selling cars. It was what Nascar was good at, till they stopped using "stock" cars and build purpose racing cars.
    neither the TDI audi runs, nor the daytona prototype ecoboost are stock motors. not even close. based on production engines and blocks, yes, but not stock motors.

i like GT racing more than prototypes sure, but prototypes are far more prestigious.