Page 115 of 418 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Have I ever mentioned how much job searching sucks?

You think you're on to something and then they hit you with the "You have not been shortlisted for an interview, good luck in the future." line and you're left bitter and un-motivated to continue.

^ yup. I applied for about 150 jobs last year.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Have I ever mentioned how much job searching sucks?

You think you're on to something and then they hit you with the "You have not been shortlisted for an interview, good luck in the future." line and you're left bitter and un-motivated to continue.
    I'd generally agree.

Then I passed my last exams as I mentioned before... I've had 3 interviews in the last two weeks, and put in my notice today. Starting at a new firm in Feb with a significant salary increase and much better projects & clients!
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Insider
    The internet makes it too easy for employers to be hyper specific in job requirements.

Connections are more important than ever.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

It's kinda disgusting seeing "Engineer-in-Training" positions that are requiring previous experience that isn't coop.

The whole point of the EIT system is to get engineers that are just out of university into the workforce and learning their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    It's kinda disgusting seeing "Engineer-in-Training" positions that are requiring previous experience that isn't coop.

The whole point of the EIT system is to get engineers that are just out of university into the workforce and learning their jobs.
    Your looking at the bad part of the year for just graduates there are usually more opportunities towards may and beyond not to many companies hire around now so the chances are slim especially if you don't know someone in the company

Starting a little project, those of you who shave everyday...What razor do you prefer from these three:

Fusion
    Mach3
    Safety Razor

None.

Dollar Shave Club or GTFO.
    OlllllllO

Had a fusion, but yea now I use a dollar shave club executive. Bought the off-brand razor packs so I have some insane amount for like $30.

Insider
    Safety razor, badger brush, shaving soap and bowl. Feather blades, $7 for 100 and you can use them twice.

Dollar shave club, pff. Maybe for the whole year.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."