Page 163 of 418 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    old dude grew up and out, or at least out of the daily stupidity that is a paintball forum.
    Yeah, if you're on there a few years all the conversations start to repeat themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Yeah, if you're on there a few years all the conversations start to repeat themselves.
    literally post by post sometimes. sad really.

the silly thing is, i used to think it was because no one had any substantive data to actually make decisions on. lack of data = running around with your head cut off generally speaking.

no, people want to run around with there heads of cut off, and even mash into each other the bloody stump of where there head used to be. thats the whole point to them. thats the whole point to forums. they don't want substantive data because that will end the running around with there heads cut off. they want to argue, they want "fact" to be determined by how nice you are, how many posts you have, how cool you are in OT, and the whole rest of forum culture.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Well, I see it as more of a generational/new player thing.

Every year there's a new batch of players looking for 24" barrels, not knowing that it's been studied before.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Well, I see it as more of a generational/new player thing.

Every year there's a new batch of players looking for 24" barrels, not knowing that it's been studied before.
    the people who know better really are the issue. im 100% fine with new folks asking the same old questions. but there are plenty of folks out there, who know better.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

New 3d printer to play with at work. Beats the shit out of my printer with the resolution.

Always wanted to make the fn more traditionally functional

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    New 3d printer to play with at work. Beats the shit out of my printer with the resolution.

Always wanted to make the fn more traditionally functional
    that is fucking cool

Insider
    I love that a lot - is there a central gate mechanism?

What's the printer at your work?
    I don't know, fly casual

These are basically Automags right? Could you make it a reactive trigger? Cause that is just begging for it.

I still need to make the divider. Basically the idea is like the end of a powerfeed you just turn it to the side you want to feed paint from. Im thinking of extending it down as well for a grip because it is harder to hold with the two pods in the way of the farthest forward grip. Also need to make the center plunger part for the q pods to run in the holders. Still have a few kinks to work out with it as well. Currently 3 or 4 balls are unshootable but that is the nature of a q loader, the actual loader holder has a metal clip to keep the balls in the tube but I havent worked out a way I want to do that yet so they just fall out when you reload. Also changing pods when they are not empty might be a problem depending on paint size, I tried to make the race to the breach a dividable number of balls but the size range is all over the place on paint so it is hit or miss.

I honestly dont know the brand of the printer. If we bought a machine without a donation or large discount we usually remove the branding of the machine.

And yea they are basically juiced up automags. the biggest problem with them is recharge rate. The 3 I have dont like to be rapid fired to fast, even with my sleeve that I machined to cut down the volume of the chamber.

I also have an idea to try and make the q pods first strike compatible as well, and I made the race inside the printed holder first strike shaped for this reason.