Page 168 of 418 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

That whole shit with win7 automatically updating to win10 drove me up the wall and is what finally madee turn off auto updates.

I want to make a poppet for my G6r with a more compliant seal than stock, which always seems to have a slight leak. Anybody have any ideas? I want to use materials at hand, which are orings, aluminum, and delrin. I'm thinking about making an aluminum cup and jamming an oring inside, but I'm afraid of the risk of the oring being blown out and the aluminum cup denting the sealing face on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    That whole shit with win7 automatically updating to win10 drove me up the wall and is what finally madee turn off auto updates.

I want to make a poppet for my G6r with a more compliant seal than stock, which always seems to have a slight leak. Anybody have any ideas? I want to use materials at hand, which are orings, aluminum, and delrin. I'm thinking about making an aluminum cup and jamming an oring inside, but I'm afraid of the risk of the oring being blown out and the aluminum cup denting the sealing face on the body.
    i usually use a bit of diamond paper on a stone to flatten hard plastic cup seals. then they dont leak.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I tried something like that, except with a fine file and rubbing the shit out of it on a smooth table. The surface is super smooth and flat (probably) but it still doesn't seal completely. Originally, the cup seal has a groove around the rim of the cup seal that fits the body.

Personally I'd just buy another stock rather than monkeying around with o-rings.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

one of the team g6's had a constant leak like that and it turned out to be a hairline scratch on the front body face that needed to whole thing replaced after going back and forth to bob multiple times, I think in the end the whole gun got switched out for a 2k12

My local store owner is saying Bob is stepping back and there are new owners, with Bob still involved in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    one of the team g6's had a constant leak like that and it turned out to be a hairline scratch on the front body face that needed to whole thing replaced after going back and forth to bob multiple times, I think in the end the whole gun got switched out for a 2k12
    I hope that's not the case with this gun I just picked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    My local store owner is saying Bob is stepping back and there are new owners, with Bob still involved in some capacity.
    There seems to be all kinds of rumors about the future of Bob Long. I just want a gen7 Timmy.

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    yeah you can diamond paper the front of the valve in the same way, usually fixes these things.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    There seems to be all kinds of rumors about the future of Bob Long. I just want a gen7 Timmy.
    I would love to see the next gun use an updated gen 4 type poppet. Regardless of the arguments for or against them, I've always had a soft spot for a decently implemented balanced poppet.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    yeah you can diamond paper the front of the valve in the same way, usually fixes these things.
    Diamond paper the actual body of the gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    I would love to see the next gun use an updated gen 4 type poppet. Regardless of the arguments for or against them, I've always had a soft spot for a decently implemented balanced poppet.
    I'm just hoping there's a new gun at all.

I noticed all the PE guns still have that internal hose that ends in a fitting at the front of the body. Does anybody know what that's for? IIRC it connected the solenoid to atmosphere, but I don't see why it couldn't be done by just venting to the inside of the gripframe.