Page 254 of 418 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I think this is a good place for any passions, I like reading about your stuff. I just ragged on Nobody because it seemed like he was bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Steve, I love how often your sig changes. Makes me happy.
    Haha, yeah some days you wake up and that green shirt you love just sucks.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Just released the first episode of this interactive film we shot earlier this year. It's kind of like playing an old school FMV game. Cheesy but it's supposed to be.

Chatterbox

Also Ron Jeremy makes a cameo haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I think this is a good place for any passions, I like reading about your stuff. I just ragged on Nobody because it seemed like he was bragging.

Haha, yeah some days you wake up and that green shirt you love just sucks.
    Bagging? No, i was just sharing what i know about a subject. Just as i stand and listen on the muriad of sides on the definition of a spoolie/poppit, to learn what i do not know. If i come off like a know it all, maybe its that i may think i have to prove myself on a subject i feel that i can expand some of my knowledge upon.

Yes, Gordo is that burr in my side. I could easily tell him that his surface understanding of American Psycho is pedestrian and totally missed all the subtext of it. But i felt that would do nothing but alienate everyone here. Yeah i held my fingers. I didn't want too, but i did because even if i am correct, with Bret Easton Ellison whispering in my ear all the secrets; if the crowd doesn't want to listen, it doesn't matter how correct i am.

So know, not bragging, just over enthusiatic.

edit:do not get me wrong. I can never stop someone in liking a movie, just because they do, for whatever reason. It is just on some movies, there is so much behind the scenes, so much depth to it, that you want to share it. I was coming at it like a discussion, in hopes that anyone could talk about it. Not because i wished to flex my bragging muscles...
    Last edited by Nobody; 10-18-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Just came to mind with the latest run of discussion.

Someone, might be one of my kids, dripped ketchup on my mouse and mousepad last night while I was bowling. I'm not thrilled about that.

Insider
    Oh, I enjoy the Miata/Car talk posts, quite a bit. Huge fan.

But if you of all people are going to dog someone for posting about something they are passionate about, that is a meatball of a pitch I couldn't not take a swing at. You were asking for that reply.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Bagging? No, i was just sharing what i know about a subject. Just as i stand and listen on the muriad of sides on the definition of a spoolie/poppit, to learn what i do not know. If i come off like a know it all, maybe its that i may think i have to prove myself on a subject i feel that i can expand some of my knowledge upon.

Yes, Gordo is that burr in my side. I could easily tell him that his surface understanding of American Psycho is pedestrian and totally missed all the subtext of it. But i felt that would do nothing but alienate everyone here. Yeah i held my fingers. I didn't want too, but i did because even if i am correct, with Bret Easton Ellison whispering in my ear all the secrets; if the crowd doesn't want to listen, it doesn't matter how correct i am.

So know, not bragging, just over enthusiatic.

edit:do not get me wrong. I can never stop someone in liking a movie, just because they do, for whatever reason. It is just on some movies, there is so much behind the scenes, so much depth to it, that you want to share it. I was coming at it like a discussion, in hopes that anyone could talk about it. Not because i wished to flex my bragging muscles...
    you have no idea what my understanding of american psycho is. i posted one sentence.

i don't know why you think you know so much about me based on so little, it always seems to chafe you though. its like you've created this person you hate, and rubs you the wrong way, and even when disproven, repeatedly, that that person only exists in your mind ... you still pull it out every time you see my username. it seems to cause you so much agony and frustration, but its your creation, your windmill. don't make the mistake that you are the only one who has watched classic movies and enjoys them. everyone is mocking you because your supposed credentials listed are just the same thing anyone who likes movies does ... watch the best ones.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-18-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I don't like some peoples' online persona and likely, some/ many feel the same about me. At the end of the day, I'd probably still drink a beer with most of you. Internet anonymity brings out the inner douchebag in most people. Don't give it too much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I don't like some peoples' online persona and likely, some/ many feel the same about me. At the end of the day, I'd probably still drink a beer with most of you. Internet anonymity brings out the inner douchebag in most people. Don't give it too much thought.
    i never hold a grudge, its always other folks who get pissed at me and wouldn't have a beer with me. id have a beer with anyone, for exactly this reason.

hell, i drank a beer with bill garnder .... no anonymity there.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-18-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Unfortunately, this is too often true.

I also haven't read PA in years.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Unfortunately, this is too often true.

I also haven't read PA in years.
    sadly though, as soon as you give up your anonymity, and become a human being, the level of personal attack against you exponentially skyrockets.

i actually ran a test on MCB back in the day. where i copy and pasted posts that i had posted under my (banned) cockerpunk name, and re-posted them in similar threads under a different name. identical, word for word. and no one freaked out. no threads were destroyed, no one attack them as unreasonable, nothing. the thread just went on an no one batted and eye. i actually still check back in on MCB, and do similar things, where i post, and because im no longer cockerpunk, im just some screen name ... no one bats an eye. ive done the same on PBN, but PBN is a much bigger pool of people. pretty good case study in the fact that it was never the content of the post that was an issue, it was the SN attached to it that people couldn't handle.

the second you become a human being, with hair, face, other hobbies, a personality etc etc ... then the level of attack against you is just WAY worse. you become a person, and its very easy to attack a person. when you are just posting ideas, its very hard to attack good ideas supported with evidence. when you are a person, its so very easy to be attacked. and its very easy for a good descussion based on paintball to turn into something totally useless about something totally separate.

i think if i did it all over again, i'd keep my accounts separate, i'd keep my privacy, and i'd keep it all based on data. because so many threads, so many good ideas, so much good data, was rejected ... because i was a person.

at the time i thought being a whole person would actually deflect from comments and present a fuller picture of who we were. i thought it would do that by deflecting from the "you guys only test things, never actually play etc etc" type comments. and we did get some of that, actually thats still one we get at the field. sean scott was up for a big game a couple of years ago, and we ended up working a flank together and killed like 20 people each and changed the tide of the front ... and he was like "man, i never you guys could ball like that" i also didn't want to present this image of a person who just studies things, and that science and engineering was this cold and boring thing, done by cold and boring people. part of punkworks wasnt just learning new things about paintball, but also being a bridge to kids to understand science, technology and how things work. not being some nerd in the corner i always thought helped with that.

but anyway, i thought no anonymity and being a full person with other hobbies, opinions etc would help me. but it didn't, it just gave them more ammunition to attack and deflect.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-18-2017 at 11:47 AM.