Page 412 of 418 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So NY is 2 days from announcing a 2 week no movement quarantine throughout the city. NJ, CT, and maybe PA are expected to follow suite soon after, for everyone living here just a heads up.

All of the city agencies that we deal with in construction are saying that it is coming soon and they are already shifting their policies for it.

The hospital parking lot project that I am doing in SI asked if they could borrow an operator and a machine yesterday to help setup foundations for their tent structure to serve as their Corona intake center, they are also stating that the full quarantine is coming.

MA seems to be doing their own thing, they have already halted all construction not deemed emergency but they are on their own right now with policy.

company has been trash at figuring out what to do about this whole thing. yesterday, fucking yesterday we finally got an email saying that if you have to quarantine and or get the damn thing, you get 2 extra weeks of paid sick time. thanks, that about a week and half late and fucking stupid.

today i woke up to the "dont come in, work from home" email, only to have that followed 10 minutes later by a "you've been deemed critical to operations, please do come into work" which is really wonderful. im sure the company will have my back when the layoffs come because im "critical" right? ahahahhahahahah fuck capitalism.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

We don't know tonight what tomorrow has for us at work, other than we know at 2PM, our owner will call the management team from Arizona. For now, as a dealership/retail business, we're open. I'd be shocked if we don't reduce our staffing levels as well as our hours of operations. Management will likely, I'm assuming, not be affected by that, nor will those of us versatile enough to tackle several different jobs at the store. Most of our recent business has been coming in through online leads and being essentially done by phone/email/Facebook, whole negotiations being done remotely. For a small town old-school car dealer, this is new ground. It'd be nice if I could get the sales team to have my back a little, but they're pretty out of it right now. If asked, I'm probably going to suggest two sales guys in the store on any given day, shut down no later than 6PM, but have the sales team still be responsible for handling their standard follow up as tasked by our system.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    company has been trash at figuring out what to do about this whole thing. yesterday, fucking yesterday we finally got an email saying that if you have to quarantine and or get the damn thing, you get 2 extra weeks of paid sick time. thanks, that about a week and half late and fucking stupid.

today i woke up to the "dont come in, work from home" email, only to have that followed 10 minutes later by a "you've been deemed critical to operations, please do come into work" which is really wonderful. im sure the company will have my back when the layoffs come because im "critical" right? ahahahhahahahah fuck capitalism.
    You're lucky they gave you 2 weeks extra pto.

My company has set up a "pto pool" where those of us who have saved up our pto are given the opportunity to donate it to our coworkers, so the company doesn't have to.

We do cool stuff but god, management is truly awful. If you would even bother calling it that.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Damn everything?s locked down and this place is still a graveyard.

Nyc is officially moving to lock down. Strangest thing seeing how deserted it is. Construction is still an essential service it is crazy seeing just how dead the place is. Nj should be next

E-social distancing. That's how you prevent catching a computer virus.

Badum-tis.

Actually sat and watched some eNASCAR racing today. Not terrible. It was interesting to see the guys who do that stuff for-real do the same stuff everyone else does. Drive harder than balls because it's not going to hurt when you t-bone that spinning guy in front of you doing 200 on a computer, and you might get through.

And got my wife's concealed carry e-paperwork in finally.

Insider
    So this starts week 4 of remote working stay at home... our governor has decided the sky is falling and Detroiters are not paying attention at all...
    Fortunately the grocery store and liquor store have curbside pickup.

Still at my office every day.

NY thinks it has hit the apex as of this weekend. NJ is beginning to flatten the curve, but I think that is a little far fetched. The testing centers are not open enough right now to get an accurate amount of new cases unfortunately. I drive by 2 of them on my way to work each morning and they are both outdoors, so when it rains like today they are closed. Both centers have a number of tests they can do a day and it is a few thousand currently, they close when they run out of tests.

In my industry, a field inspector on one of our projects is critical, a resident engineer on another who is 80-something just went to the hospital late last week because of it. A couple people who work for ConEd have passed from it. One large agency the EDC has halted everything for 3 months that they are doing because of it. One job got shut down because a man walked into the park that was being constructed, coughed and hit the ground, did not make it to the hospital. Most residential construction has stopped, the jobs that are still essential is the city infrastructure work.

Personally my wife lost an uncle this weekend with it, and some people still are not taking this very seriously where we are.........