Page 370 of 418 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    And in fact, the way you orient yourself to "Boomer men" establishes a heirarchy. Surprise!
    there are many situations in which my life experience does exceed theirs. i dont think this means i can assert my experience from authority however. i do not go around pontificating about strangers relationships for example. remember when without any knowledge of anything about my life, and my partner every relationship in my life was declared meaningless by some unknown authority?

you know, fun stuff like that. ie, being told everything in your life is meaningless is not the same thing as saying "hey guys, i have some relevant life experience to yours that might help you out" false equivalency is false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Experience may or may not be facts, but regardless it?s from your perspective which is affected by countless other things... ego, prior experience, blah blah blah.

Whoopity doo, Gordon?s better than the boomers he works with.
    certainly at some things. again, this is just a simple fact.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-11-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    And in that point, any time we decide to share any aspect of our lives in any minute way, is egocentric. Talking about yourself, is egocentric. Telling some fact that you either directly have done or knowledge of, is egocentric. Guess what? A conversation is a give and take, an exchange of ideas, opinions, facts and misinformation. This is how information spreads. If you see yourself in some sort of hierarchy then you have a widely askewed view of life. If you constantly have to establish any kind of hierachy in any way over your college's or friends, then you are poorer in everyway. The more you share, the more pity i have for you...
    sharing anything about your life is egocentric.

thats the bar you are going to set eh? ok. have fun with that.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So, back to Fords.

I'm becoming increasingly fond of the spaceship feel of the infotainment system of my Toyota Camry. What kind of setup does the Fusion have, and what's the story with Apple Car and Android Auto? Is anyone really using these systems yet, or is it still too early on adoption?

Because while I'm fond of the whole system, I find the Nav system on Toyota cars to be about stupid. My phone does it better and faster, and I don't have to spend an extra $2k just to get my phone to be part of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I was born in 1986.

Hamilton is very obviously a work of musical genius, I got very into it a month or two ago. Nice backdoor into musical theory and emotional narrative structure.
    I saw the travelling show in early Fall last year, and bought the production company discs a few weeks later. Honestly, I wish I could get a recording with the travelling show's Burr (Nik Walker) switched out with Leslie Odom Jr. Odom's great, Walker does it better. I think Miranda has maybe made both Burr and Hamilton more likable characters each in their own right, but if that becomes a gateway drug to more people learning about American history, I support it.

I knew that Hamilton was a devout protestant, and part of his Federalism was inspired by his religious character. I did not know until after the play that Burr was an atheist that pushed for women's suffrage a century ahead of his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    So, back to Fords.

I'm becoming increasingly fond of the spaceship feel of the infotainment system of my Toyota Camry. What kind of setup does the Fusion have, and what's the story with Apple Car and Android Auto? Is anyone really using these systems yet, or is it still too early on adoption?

Because while I'm fond of the whole system, I find the Nav system on Toyota cars to be about stupid. My phone does it better and faster, and I don't have to spend an extra $2k just to get my phone to be part of the car.
    I think your opinion on AA/AC is pretty universal. I personally much prefer it to my built-in Nav.

One DUMB thing about my infotainment is this: Without my phone connected to AA, I can voice-request different radio stations. The moment I connect my phone, I can't.

I can't stand just about anything to do with modern infotainment systems.

Give me buttons and switches and less convenience, please.

Is that Boomer of me to say? I was also born in 1986.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    I can't stand just about anything to do with modern infotainment systems.

Give me buttons and switches and less convenience, please.

Is that Boomer of me to say? I was also born in 1986.
    i totally agree.

touch screens have no place in a car. there is no feedback for your finger tip, so no idea what you are doing without specifically looking down to do it.

Insider
    I?ve come to loathe CarPlay in my ATS. I?ve disabled it. CUE has actually gotten worse with every update. I?m definitely considering changing brands when this lease is up...

As long as I can switch channels and turn the volume up/down from the steering wheel I'm happy. The wife's Lincoln has all the fancy touch screen shit and it drives me nuts...

Most of the Fusions now have Sync3. 8" touch screen. From 2017 forward they're compatible with AA and AC, and the nav options on those are always up to date. I can say with great certainty that Ford hasn't done a map update in 3 years for their onboard nav. Only reason really to have nav right now is if there's a discount on it and you're leasing (see - F150). You can actually get that vehicle for less per month than a non-navigation equipped vehicle, and you don't have to use Ford's nav system.

Touch screens are like any other technology in cars. It's fine once you're used to it, and it's fine if people don't abuse it. Some people can't handle changing the radio station with a knob and driving either.