Page 366 of 418 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    It was a huge improvement of the looks of the C4, but if I'm going to get a Corvette I want the body style from the mid- to late-70's when it had the chrome on front.

Attachment 1152
    See, I am not the hugest fan of the C3. Was for a while, but something about it now is just off.. the C2 has grown on me though, especially when they're done up like in Fast 8 (Fate of the Furious) - man this is a gorgeous car: https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...fast-furious-8

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Yeah, the C5 is an awesome performance bargain. I've just never cared for the styling, which does cause people to give me strange looks. I have to dig a car's aesthetics for me to purchase it and the C5 has never done it for me.
    I'm not huge on the C5 either - it's wide hips and oval tails just look... wrong. Also I'm not huge on the popups on this gen. the C6 was a HUGE improvement over the 5 in terms of looks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    get out
    In terms of track-only car, the C5 is a hard bargain to beat. In terms of looks, the C3 can look WAY nicer.

Oh man, that C2 is doing it for me.

The C7 also does it for me in a hard way.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    It was a huge improvement of the looks of the C4, but if I'm going to get a Corvette I want the body style from the mid- to late-70's when it had the chrome on front.

Attachment 1152
    Oh come on. Who doesn't want to roll down the street, thinking we are Faceman doing a mission for the A-team?

The biggest problem is that till the last gen of the series & the original Grand Sport, that they were dogs in performance. It could barely get out of its way. It begs for heart transplants.

yeah i think the C4 gets cooler by the day. its really hitting that 80s retro vibe. the LT1 6 speed cars are actually really pretty good cars. i guess good tires are hard to find for them in size though.

the c3, what can even be said? maybe a decent car when it came out in 1969 ... but Jesus they went to 82, and were trash for 80% of there run.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

The C3 was supposed to die by ~80, dev of the C4 took longer than expected.

10 years isn't THAT much longer than the normal life of ~7-8 years. The C4 lasted for 12 years apparently, C5 was ~8, C6 ~8... C7 - who knows.

opps wrong thread
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

if no ones curious, i can stop posting these updates, but i figure at least someone is curious to "pull back the curtain" and see about others lives and choices without feeling judged or attacked for making different life choices. I'm a bit intellectually promiscuous so i often wonder about others lives and like to hear about them.

but anyway, here is a poly update.

My primary and my other partner met earlier this week. basically my life building partner and the woman i'm dating consistently. It was always important to me that they meet. I'm a bit of a friends mixer, i'm not a person who runs a compartmentalized life, and i like to have important to my life people know each other. it went really well. it certainly took emotional labor on all fronts, before, during and after. but it went really well, everyone got along awesome and even had some fun. purposeful discussions with everyone concerning expectations were important. and we are planning more events together, and maybe of the larger "polycule" with the woman my primary is dating. It was kinda a big step, but really, turned out awesome when the work was put in to make it turn out well.

I'm also excited because next week we are going to hang out with my metamour's polycule, and there is a guy in that polycule i want to know better. I got into this through a lot of art people, and so most of the guys in this group are pretty art-centric guys. thats the way there brains work, and its interesting and cool, but its very different than how my brain works. i'm a pretty nuts and bolts centric guy, but this guy is also a nuts and bolts centric guy. kinda the first one i've come across. I'm interested to pick his brain, buy him a beer and hear his story. so im pretty excited about that.

anyway, if no one cares, i can shut up. just let me know.

i have a new racing fetish ... trans-am .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf504k-t-0o

So work shuts down over the xmas-new years week, So I had that week off already. Found out I had one more week's vacation than I thought, so I took the week before Xmas off. Then my boss told me to use my flex as they're not rolling over, so I took Thurs-Friday off before that.

And of course I was sick through ~80% of that vacation....

AND THEN I get sick again New Year's Day. So the 2nd, I went in for the morning and left when I wasn't feeling any better... and haven't been in again, WFH. Unintended extended vacay or shitty time? YOU DECIDE!

Hope everyone had a good holiday though. Other than the whole 'being sick' part of it, we had good times here. Hosted Xmas at my house, which was an adventure. Deep-fried the turkey, turned out alright. Finished the putting up the trim around the house, now I just need to fill it. Our foster dog got adopted, and gets picked up on Saturday.