Page 398 of 418 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

He's just a troll, look at the join date and post count. I'm actually a little disappointed, it's literally a 0/10 troll, I would figure someone would at least put a little more effort into it. Like, at least have some pride in your trolling.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    He's just a troll, look at the join date and post count. I'm actually a little disappointed, it's literally a 0/10 troll, I would figure someone would at least put a little more effort into it. Like, at least have some pride in your trolling.
    i mean i assumed it was a troll post, i just legit don't get what the joke was supposed to be.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Speaking of Pride, I took my daughter to her first PRIDE event this year, and decided to walk in the parade with her while wearing a "Free Dad Hugs" T-shirt. Many of my daughter's friends talk about how their parents are not very loving or accepting of them. I figured that the least I could do was give out hugs, though I worried that it might all come across as a little hokey.

So, wow. I stopped counting how many people I had hugged not even halfway through the event. It was just pointless once the number jumped over twenty. I don't think I hugged 100 people, but I dunno - maybe? It was a lot of fun and at times uplifting but also at times emotional. So many people thanked me for giving them a hug. One grown man cried about his father. More than a few young women close in age to my own children just hung on like it needed to last forever. I was with a group of Moms with "Free Mom Hugs" shirts - and while many of them also gave out hugs, I was always the one that would have to run to catch up to the parade group because of the line for Dad hugs.

I still even at this moment worry that it felt less than genuine for people. But from me, it was heartfelt hugs all the way through. Tried to make every hug my best. Parents, love your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Speaking of Pride, I took my daughter to her first PRIDE event this year, and decided to walk in the parade with her while wearing a "Free Dad Hugs" T-shirt. Many of my daughter's friends talk about how their parents are not very loving or accepting of them. I figured that the least I could do was give out hugs, though I worried that it might all come across as a little hokey.

So, wow. I stopped counting how many people I had hugged not even halfway through the event. It was just pointless once the number jumped over twenty. I don't think I hugged 100 people, but I dunno - maybe? It was a lot of fun and at times uplifting but also at times emotional. So many people thanked me for giving them a hug. One grown man cried about his father. More than a few young women close in age to my own children just hung on like it needed to last forever. I was with a group of Moms with "Free Mom Hugs" shirts - and while many of them also gave out hugs, I was always the one that would have to run to catch up to the parade group because of the line for Dad hugs.

I still even at this moment worry that it felt less than genuine for people. But from me, it was heartfelt hugs all the way through. Tried to make every hug my best. Parents, love your kids.
    thats awesome!

I'm sure it was heartfelt on the other side too. we had a group of moms/dads doing the same at our event last month, and there were a lot of tears.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post

Hokey or not. You are showing support for your daughter. Showing support for others that need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Y'know, if they build those walls to 50 feet, they could just turn NYC into a federal prison.

Funny enough they have 5 prisons in the city. One is on a boat. Another is Riker's Island which really has no walls just fences around the prison buildings. We are paving the island for them shit gets weird often. They have a few damn big Coyotes roaming around the island and the East River to keep everyone inside. Directly next to Laguardia airport as well, there is even a foot bridge from the Riker's Island bridge to the runways.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 08-19-2019 at 07:23 AM.

John Carpenter is a visionary. Next up, dark magic in San Francisco.

Gordon, I promise that wasn't me and I'm sorry someone felt the need to put down your partner (or whatever term you prefer). I'm sorry for being a pretentious jerk to you. Please accept my apology.

-John

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Gordon, I promise that wasn't me and I'm sorry someone felt the need to put down your partner (or whatever term you prefer). I'm sorry for being a pretentious jerk to you. Please accept my apology.

-John
    ah ..... ok?

was that the joke? mis-labeling kassy? i legit still don't grasp what even was supposed to be funny/mocking in the post. i get that someone thought it was some kinda of snipe-shot, i just don't actually get what is supposed to be funny or insulting about it.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-21-2019 at 10:05 AM.

I don't know the person's intention, but I've been guilty of making other digs at your life choices and it was wrong of me to have done that. I apologize. It's always easy to see the "faults" in others and much more difficult to come to grips with our "self." So, I understand if you chose not to forgive me, but the olive branch has been extended.