Page 351 of 418 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

so onetime i was explaining to kassy how we should teach mechanical engineering using boobs. because boobs are a great way to visualize a spring/mass/damper system. and i was explaining all the concepts etc etc, and mentioned how i could probably measure them. so kassy decided she wanted for her birthday a graph and the damping ratio and spring rates of her boobs.

so we took some measurements (with the old kick test rig ) and im computing everything, and it all seems to work pretty well, and im pretty happy with the numbers, they seem reasonable and its pretty cool. getting ready to print the poster for her birthday.

and she is telling all her friends and coworkers about this, and now all of them want posters too.

also, this is fascinating, because of the scientific potential of data gathering. i highly doubt anyone has collected such data. it would be really interesting to go through and figure out exactly what damping ratios and spring rates really make for a fantastic rack.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    zeta = 0.3 you're welcome
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    zeta = 0.3 you're welcome
    probably not far off, though i think we'd all be surprised by just how underdamped boobs tend to be.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

LMFAO, worthy research!

Best topic in a long while.
    OlllllllO

im betting actually natural frequency is the most useful for predicting a great rack, not damping ratio. but i also think there is a a two axis linear regression between mass and spring rate and damping ratio that defines a great rack for all boob masses. kinda like a "main sequence" star chart. the higher the mass, the lower the natural frequency and damping can be, within a range.

but i need some scientific minded ladies ....

Insider
    To science!

Insider
    I dunno, I'm probably more inclined to stick with the aesthetic side of that topic.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    That actually made me smile Why is it so bloody hard to grab?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    so onetime i was explaining to kassy how we should teach mechanical engineering using boobs. because boobs are a great way to visualize a spring/mass/damper system. and i was explaining all the concepts etc etc, and mentioned how i could probably measure them. so kassy decided she wanted for her birthday a graph and the damping ratio and spring rates of her boobs.

so we took some measurements (with the old kick test rig ) and im computing everything, and it all seems to work pretty well, and im pretty happy with the numbers, they seem reasonable and its pretty cool. getting ready to print the poster for her birthday.

and she is telling all her friends and coworkers about this, and now all of them want posters too.

also, this is fascinating, because of the scientific potential of data gathering. i highly doubt anyone has collected such data. it would be really interesting to go through and figure out exactly what damping ratios and spring rates really make for a fantastic rack.
    Surely the start of a research topic leading to the invention of the ultimate sports bra...
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..