Page 413 of 418 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Yup, it will be at least 3-4 weeks before you can really compile any data on the numbers of infected, new cases and unfortunately, deaths to see if this is just the end, beginning or the eye of the storm.

I am lucky, i am & my wifey are still essential personnel & we go to work regularly, no loss of income(which the wifey actually got a temp raise for the healthcare hardship). Some are furloughed, temp work or nothing at all. After the 4th week, i am sure most are stir crazy about this.

Hmmm, seems that my job was taking to the forefront of things.

As a toll collector, we had shut down all interaction with public. Anyone with ez-pass gets tolled normally, but those tbat don't will get an invoice. This started about 3 weeks ago. But this is the kicker, the bridge i operate, is part of the evacuation route and the Coast guard as well as commercial fishing boats still transit through. So i go to work(if stopped, i flash them my ID and no hassles), sit up there listening to the marine radio & occupy myself for my shift. Easy money but could always be worse.

How flat does the curve really get if a couple morons go out, find a way to catch the 'Vid, turn into Vombies, and start spreading it all over the damn place again?

Insider
    Two people were removed from a house 3 doors down on stretchers a couple days ago.

My Aunt is symptomatic but no fever so no test.

Wife?s bosses husband is hospitalized with it.

welp, just got a meeting notice called "communication" for tomorrow morning, the morning of our Q1 earnings announcement.

so that will be the layoffs im betting.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Well?
    OlllllllO

furlough actually, and im not furloughed.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

super interesting study of cringe, and having been on all sides of the cringe, i think i accurately sums up much of the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRBsaJPkt2Q

having recently encountered on this tiny corner of the internet, one of my the morbidly cringey followers, it feels right.

its rather surreal to watch places you know and have shopped and been, be looted and burned.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    its rather surreal to watch places you know and have shopped and been, be looted and burned.
    You get used to passing by areas of a major event after awhile.