Page 302 of 418 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Supports Inception Designs
    Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot to turn on automatic renewal for it when I moved the site.

i am not a muscle car guy, but i would unironically rock the fuck out of a boss 302.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Isn't the new gt better due to irs

maybe on paper, but probably not in reality. boss 302 is more track focused, upgraded pan, oil coolers, transmission cooler, bigger radiator, bigger brakes etc etc ... its the grand sport of the mustang line. it even has slightly better front suspension geometry. all the good track bits, without the big (unnecessary) power figure of like a GT500. also the new GT is significantly heavier, over 300lbs. there is also the price difference.

I'm a sucker for OEM reliability mods. most of the time things like the GT or even base model vettes don't have what it takes to live on the track for very long. c5s for example kill there oil in just a couple of laps. the new GT kills its brakes in a few laps (though better pads would go along way here).

also, the reality is that a live axle is actually pretty damn good in terms of performance. its just not good for the performance/comfort trade off like IRS is. there is a reason the live axle lived into the 1970s in formula 1 cars, for pure performance, its actually really pretty good. for performance, they are better than the semi-trailing arms of the 944 and e30 for sure. just nasty and uncomfortable in a street driving application.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    That's a good point about track use. I just drove a 2015 mustang and I don't think I could abide the solid axle every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    That's a good point about track use. I just drove a 2015 mustang and I don't think I could abide the solid axle every day
    the GTS spec boss 302S cars were some impressive road racing machines, soft, but powerful. they had a solid axle.

even won the last race it was in, against the GT4s: http://world-challenge.com/latest/se...st-petersburg/
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-13-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Insider
    The setup in the category of American I've been having naughty thoughts about is destroked LS.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/vem...oke-of-genius/

I also love the idea of an LS4 mid engine setup but sadly that engine doesn't fit the 4.8 crank which makes destroked easy

Insider
    Maybe you could machine a 4.8 crank to fit, and you'd want to bore it out plus heads but you'd end up with something fit for an exotic(kit?) Pretty much ls4 in block only actually mounted to an f40 (g6) trans.

people with real money do strange things .... lol

i drove an exocet with a turbo 1.8BP, 240whp .... that was plenty of power haha. needed a lot more than a torsen in back.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-14-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Stephen Hawkings dies on pi day. Interesting.