Page 222 of 418 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    My DD is FCA. A ram 1500 4x4 with the transmission imped builds. I work from home, so I needed the fuel economy.
    I do like Rams and they'd be toward the top of my list if I were to buy a newish truck. I'm afraid a Tacoma would beat it out though.

And to be technical, I don't build that transmission. I now manage the line that builds the transmission (and two electric motors) for the new Pacifica Hybrid minivan.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I love that you said this in complete seriousness.

Seriously though, save the stick
    Absolutely. If I could somehow make a Viper work (my wife is probably the biggest obstacle) then I would've adjusted some of those requirements. But the FoRS is a hell of a car. 5 months in and I still can't get enough time behind the wheel.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Right on cue the e30 snapped the custom 4340 half shafts I got for it tonight. I don't know what to do, it was probably wheel hop causing spin and hook, so I guess turn the rear damping up, but this sucks.

And just when it was running so strong

modifying cars is a bad idea lurker, a mistake i constantly make.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

It's all about the .gifv bro
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    Do you get a lot of flack for having a non-FCA car? I've heard some horror stories from friends who drive off-brand or non-domestic cars working at the Big 3.
    I haven't gotten any (serious, non-joking) flak from coworkers. I work for one of the big 3. Much of my team drives not-our cars and nobody cares.

Similar to what imped is saying, the lifers are the ones who care, nobody else really seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    It's all about the .gifv bro
    I'll spot him this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Right on cue the e30 snapped the custom 4340 half shafts I got for it tonight. I don't know what to do, it was probably wheel hop causing spin and hook, so I guess turn the rear damping up, but this sucks.

And just when it was running so strong
    Time for 3M, bruh.

I run 3M 35 spline (1.5") shafts on each corner of my TJ. So far, so good on 37" tires and rocks. Big rocks.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Time for 3M, bruh.

I run 3M 35 spline (1.5") shafts on each corner of my TJ. So far, so good on 37" tires and rocks. Big rocks.
    Not discrediting your statement, but I'm curious: Are big rocks going to hook up the same as after a wheel hop on tarmac?

wheel hop should be solved with bushings, not with damper settings.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.