Page 310 of 418 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    the internet was fucked up until that date.
    Only a fucking idiot would argue otherwise.
    Fuck off
    I didn't realize this was the religious forum? Sorry for interrupting. Please, sacrifice open discussion for your political bent and trashing of the other political party, the heretics they are, since it seem I am the only one in here who represents anything but your corner of the political spectrum. I can see I am not wanted here, nor is rational argument, just blame the GOP and big corporations, because it is always their fault. Always.

This forum is so welcoming, so open minded. Love it. Nobody said Trump yet, better virtue signal!
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I didn't realize this was the religious forum? Sorry for interrupting. Please, sacrifice open discussion for your political bent and trashing of the other political party, the heretics they are, since it seem I am the only one in here who represents anything but your corner of the political spectrum. I can see I am not wanted here, nor is rational argument, just blame the GOP and big corporations, because it is always their fault. Always.

This forum is so welcoming, so open minded. Love it. Nobody said Trump yet, better virtue signal!
    interesting since there are many pro-net nuetraility big corporations. in fact, most big business in the USA is for it.

whatever, pretty obvious you are playing the snowflake victim card, not dealing with the actual presented counter example.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    interesting since there are many pro-net nuetraility big corporations.

whatever, pretty obvious you are playing the snowflake victim card, not dealing with the actual presented counter example.

In the net neutrality argument, there is literally not 1 single benefit to anyone outside of big corps. People don't even try to argue it because it's a fact. They just shift the goalposts to arguing whether that type of private control is ultimately a good thing. It's not. Big corps win and everyone else looses and the GOP is wholly responsible for this one. Thus, the gigantic fuck-all my position bears.

Honestly, I don't understand some of the other topics well enough to debate, such as global warming. I have a giant fuck-all position for people that deny it's happening, but have a little more tolerance for varying positions on WHY as long as there isa general agreement that we should take care of the planet as best we are able. When people take the position that we should do it until it's beyond repair that I get upset.

Big-pharma and ag are 2 other giant fuck-alls for me. There isn't a very logical arguement to be made that destroying local economies is a good thing or that our drug system as a whole doesn't need an overhaul.

For me, those are just pretty basic human issues that shouldn't have a partisan implication. However, as of now, the GOP has completely checked out on giving a fuck about the future.

Don't confuse net-neutrality with anything other than big businesses wanting to create a pie which they can get a piece of. As society moved towards internet based companies and virtual domains, and you lost the physicality of "stores, services and interaction", thus business is loosing out. As more and more money is made over the interwebs, business are wanting to find a way to stop it. And, net-neutrality was never there, as businesses look at facebook as part of your resume. Thus, if it was neutral, then it wouldn't matter what was said or done there.

??? The information isn't neutral. The term specifically refers to bandwidth and getting what you pay for... I pay suddenlink for unlimited 200 Mbps. That is my road to go wherever the hell I please. Instead, ISPs are going to force a toll or send us down the congested side-streets (that will indubitably be well below the subscriber rate). Access to data is a right and I don't want ISPs to control what I see. There's a reason millenials cut cable TV subscription models like crazy.

My personal opinion is that UTOPIA's business model (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_T...ructure_Agency) or similar is the natural result of net neutrality AND is the best scenario for a competitve marketplace. Not to mention it works out favorably from an investment standpoint even in lower population density areas. It can be further supplimented with other technologies for the last mile and to the home.

But that is problem. Where internet rates across the world are hands & heads above what the US can offer, yet the rates for which we pay for it are, some of the most expensive. Why, monopolies! Since there is no "governing body" to the amorphous internet, the government or cable companies, work, pay and weasel their way in to a place tbat should be free and neutral to a place where they are going to squeeze the money out, because if they loose it in cable subscriptions, then they will make it some place else.

Never get in the way of billionaires and their money. They will have an army of lawyers finding a way to put their interests in the way of free, neutral and what we should get. Don't be naive. The 30 year growth of the internet, the businesses that stemmed, grew from and establisbed the net, showed that a business can make money with it. And the best way is to control it. So goodbye neutrality, goodbye freedom, good bye anonymity.

OT Thread: OT: Politics. Not a great turn of events here.
    Last edited by Pump Scout; 04-08-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Nobody, I can't tell if you're arguing the same point or not. I'm a little confused as to your position. I agree that it's a mess, but Pai and Trump set us back when Obama had us on the right path. Again, the only people that argue otherwise are either ISPs or completely ignorant.

Ok, i think we are coming at the question from 2 different angles, but are trying to make the same point.

Haven't been in a decent internet (in general, not specific) debate in a while, thus obfuscated the meaning of what you were trying to say, versus what i had.

Gotcha. I was the director of operations for a Telecom start-up and our specific mission was to help rural areas gain access. That put me front row with EDCs, cities, backhaul/ long haul/ dark fiber providers as well as other companies that specialize in the specific deployments. I even worked with the CEO of UTOPIA to propose a similar deployment to theirs based on private funding (from an investment group).