Page 312 of 418 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Driving stick is good for the soul. Driving stick in a daily driver blows.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Driving stick is good for the soul. Driving stick in a daily driver blows.
    entirely depends on your commute IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Going on the wall at work

this is amazing
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Haha, that happens so regularly it brings a small tear to my eye.

My commute is 10 minutes on local roads with little traffic, few signals, lots of curves, and driving stick is great.

Top-tier meme, Steve.

Insider
    I've been without a manul daily driver for... a little over 2 years now... RIP Sheila... and it is soul sucking not using both feet to drive.

Seriously I miss my GTI SO MUCH. Had it 10 years.

The ATS-V with the manual is supposed to be nucking futs. If I was still single and stupid I'd probably be strongly considering it, as is, the ATS doesn't fare well in the "does it baby" category.

Maybe once my name is on the door of an Architecture firm I can pull that off...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    ST's are pretty fun, what don't you like about it?
    I've heard the Torque Steer on them is awful, and the ride is too rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    the ATS doesn't fare well in the "does it baby" category.
    it has a backseat ¯\_(*)_/¯
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

A 911 has a back seat, it is there in name only. It is never just the baby, when you have a baby. There is the car seat, diaper bags, the ancillary things that come with them, getting said child in the seat, getting the car seat in without loosing any driver and/or seat position. This isn't the 70s, where you could literally throw the child in the seat without anything there and go run your errands.

Insider
    Oh I make it work, but a tall person can't sit in front of the baby seat. Its also a tight fit for the land shark (GSD) and baby seat. Trunk is also not big enough for a full size stroller and anything else. I can fit my carrier backpack and a few other things, but not much else. It would GREATLY benefit from a fastback/hatch style trunk lid redesign.

Speaking of ATS-V...
    https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2017-ca...ths-1825160183
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    A 911 has a back seat, it is there in name only. It is never just the baby, when you have a baby. There is the car seat, diaper bags, the ancillary things that come with them, getting said child in the seat, getting the car seat in without loosing any driver and/or seat position. This isn't the 70s, where you could literally throw the child in the seat without anything there and go run your errands.
    the ATS backseat:

idk, there are millions of parents around the country with small hatchbacks that cart a couple of kids around without issue. i file stuff like this under "slave to practicality until it becomes impractical" the ATSV was designed as an M3 competitor, the original and best "family man's sports car" really .... this isn't that hard. if you want to drive an ATS-V and you have kids ... just do it.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.