Page 338 of 418 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    What year?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Good gen. I've got a beat up 03 Tacoma.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

yeah, has a locking topper, electronic brake control box already, 4wd with offroad kit, and AC. not much rust, and 170k miles.

its not perfect, but unlike my current truck, worth actually fixing because its got the stuff on it i need/want. my current truck, while an awesome truck, lacks 4wd. honestly, if it had that, id be cool with just keep on fixing it.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

My dad has one (a Tundra) a couple of years newer than yours. It's really a fantastic truck. I'm always surprised by the good handling whenever I use it to haul stuff.

The tundra is a 3/4 ton truck marketed as a half ton. It gets abysmal fuel economy and I had 3 in a row and all had to spend time in the shop. If you want to tow then buy a proper diesel. If yours is a flex fuel, pray that you never get gas with high ethanol because the computer has to be manually reset for your truck to start. There was a class action lawsuit being started for that. The braking system is horribly unrefined and the ABS system makes a horrible grinding noise under heavy stop and it was on all 3 of mine. Toyota needs a lot of work on their trucks. The cabin features are also lacking and their 4 wheel drive system belongs in an 80s model vehicle.

The gen 1 tundra (and gen 2 Tacoma) are pretty basic, solid trucks that you can keep up with your Saturday afternoons. Reliable, no frills, and competent.

But I'd agree, the late model Toyota trucks just aren't competitive.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

We had a 17 Tundra on the lot, solely to show people how they size up to pretty much every other truck on the market. Eventually someone bought it, but nobody could explain why.

So, any of you guys ever built an arduino CNC setup? I think I'd like to to build a CNC router. It seems like it's not a ton different from building a gantry printer, but I've never messed with grbl.

Insider
    Mpcnc is what you want

Hrm, I suppose I could weld the y-frame for the lowrider model, but I think I'd rather build it on some SBR rails possibly on top of an extruded aluminum frame. His control setup should easily graft into a reworked hardware solution, which was the most concerning for me. Interesting. Thanks for the link.