Page 339 of 418 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    There's some really cool threads about people adapting it for heavier duty use. I had no illusions you'd want the vanilla version

I didn't see much about people beefing up the lowrider, but it's basically a crawlbot at that point. I dig that guy's ideas.

Insider
    I?ve also been researching and starting to design a Hypercube Evo.
    The easy scalability of the print bed is key for me, since I want to do 1/8 scale architectural models.

I've been doing Toastmasters at work here the last couple months.

It's quite fun. Has anyone been involved with this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I?ve also been researching and starting to design a Hypercube Evo.
    The easy scalability of the print bed is key for me, since I want to do 1/8 scale architectural models.
    That looks awesome! I may just build one.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I've been doing Toastmasters at work here the last couple months.

It's quite fun. Has anyone been involved with this before?
    I almost joined when I was having to give program financial briefings to 250+ people including most of the executives of the company and high-level clients. One of my friends did it and it helped him tremendously.

Insider
    Some creepy guy showed up at my local bar hangout some 10 years ago trying to recruit people into his toastmasters group. Seemed near cultlike the way he was talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Some creepy guy showed up at my local bar hangout some 10 years ago trying to recruit people into his toastmasters group. Seemed near cultlike the way he was talking.
    It could definitely be considered that. I'm definitely not that into it - It's a bunch of people who give speeches to each other about random crap and give feedback to get better at it. I've definitely been thinking about the Improv Bojack episode - it doesn't feel cult-like other than the fees, but there are member fees for many groups.

I think you get out of it what you put in... fear of public speaking usually has some underlying (perceived) weakness that can be strengthened through repetition. I have a really southern drawl and, as such, I tend to talk slowly. To counter that, I worked really hard on making the content concise so I could maintain authority in my delivery. After doing the presentation 50+ times, I kind of got desensitised to it and then realized that I was spending more time worrying about it than the executives. Good news or bad, as long as I was the expert on the content then it went well.

The southern drawl is a big reason why I don't do paintball videos.

https://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=638202813:638207101

this.

my open relationship has been the best relationship of my life by far. BY FAR.

id say its not even taking some of the sexual stress out of a relationship as much as is it is that in opening up talking about sexuality with other humans in the relationship, it has de-stigmatized literally any topic to open and honest and non-confrontational communication. and with that tool, any relationship problem is solvable pretty easily. there is nothing off limits to talk about. there are no opinions or feelings or thoughts that are stigmatized and not shared. with no stigma in communication, expectations can be communicated freely, and thus fulfillment of those expectations can be realistically assessed (as in: hey im super busy this week, the race car is taking up a lot of my mental capacity tonight, can i talk with you tomorrow about that?). expectations being met is fulfillment. an assumption of expectations and then that not being lived up to, is what leads to unhappiness. an open relationship unlocked that for me, unlocked the notion that everything, can and should be talked about and expectations should be assessed as to the needs of partners in the relationship. the relationship is always under re-negotiation, its terms and conditions always flexible and always changing. rather than adopting some rigid, totally assumed on both partners sides contract that is never up for re-negotiation. and even if it isn't totally assumed, large portions of such relationship models are assumed. those assumptions lead to expectations not being met. and that leads to them not succeeding.

i also coined the phrase in this relationship "everyone poly's differently" which makes sense. we are all different, why would everyone fit nicely into 1 or 2 or 3 different relationship models throughout there entire lives? just because im poly doesn't mean i want to jump into a play party with my partner and see what happens, but it also doesn't not mean that i enjoy that too.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-22-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    tdlr ur a cuck now
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."