Page 322 of 418 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Despite what you saw as a lack of competition, congratulations, Cockerpunk.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    typically not, at this level it would be a private sponsorship. strait design is the guy who makes me my stickers, thats why hes on my car.

also, race videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPtqT-nY_A
    That looks brilliant fun! Nice driving too.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    This is just cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sVMbzZxaw

I would love to have a beer or two with Andy Wallace.
    Catchpole is one of the best presenters going at the moment. His Aston pieces for Evo mag are epic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkAT82-R0S8

We go up here every year.

Jack, I would do terrible things to take my Focus RS on that road.

What are you driving nowadays?
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    That looks brilliant fun! Nice driving too.
    probably my worst driving of the weekend, it was certainly my worst placement of the weekend, but it was also the most racing action, and thus makes for the best video.

calmly creeping up on a guy for 8 laps and passing him with a simple out-braking is much less interesting to watch than that video. that video is just action from start to finish ahaha
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Jack, I would do terrible things to take my Focus RS on that road.

What are you driving nowadays?
    I'm all about the hothatch as well at the moment. M140i with trick dampers and Quaife LSD. Properly fun car. Also have what should have been a mint e46 M3 that has actually turned into a project...

We do our Highland Hoon every year and without doubt the roads in Scotland are the best you will drive anywhere in the world. This is an email I sent to someone asking what our route was this year...

"Hi Tim,
    Here are some of the routes we did this year. We have a southern contingent and a Scottish contingent in our little group. The Southerners generally meet up at 12 noon at Gretna and then do a bit of route through the boarders to start the weekend off. We did Clatteringshaws this year for the first time which is definitely worth doing! Dalveen Pass, Leadhills and Crawfordjohns also worth it. Then a trawl up to Pitlochry (take the scenic route through Crieff, though) for an overnight. Stopping for lunch on the way you can get to Pitlochry for 6-ish.
    Friday the Scottish lads meet us at 7am in Pitlochry and we do the Old Military road and then cut across to the West Coast, late lunch at Badachro (where JK lives) then blast up to Ullapool (or Kylesku if you can get a room) for Friday night. All of the roads on Friday are amazing, bar the run between Grantown-on-Spey and Kingussi and the short bit between Speen Bridge and Invergarry. The first bit having average speed cameras and the second bit often having mobile speed camera vans along the side of the loch. But from Invergarry all the way to Ullapool are the best roads you will ever drive with scenery to match.
    Saturday we always play by ear. Everything north of Ullapool is epic. The scenery is stunning, parts of it look like you could be on the moon. Everything inland tends to be single track. The run from Lairg to Tongue is one of my all-time favorites. It is honestly the closest thing you will get to tarmac rally stage. Single track, fast, flowing, generally well sighted. Brilliant fun. The kind of road where it doesn?t matter if you are in a supercharged Elise or a Fiesta ST, you'll have massive fun. Not much fun in a supercar though! We generally do a loop or figure 8 from Ullapool or Kylesku and end up back where we started for Saturday night, but you don't need to do that. If it's raining we head home early and grab a pint or five. If it's sunny we see how far we can get before heading back.
    We then just head home at 6am Sunday, Ullapool-Dornie- Invergarry-Fort William-Glencoe- Rannock Moor-Glasgow. I'm back in Manchester with the family by 2-3pm. Absolutely worth leaving early for that run. Leaving Ullapool at 6am means you will probably see 1-2 cars maximum between there and Fort William. And it gets you between Fort William and Glencoe before the traffic picks up, as that bit can be very slow. Along the side of Loch Lomond is always a drag though. Very narrow and nowhere to overtake.
    Goggle Maps HH2018 Thursday Route
    Google Maps HH2018 Friday Route
    Google Maps HH2018 Saturday Route Suggestion

Google Maps HH2018 Sunday Route Home

If you want any more info, just ask.

Cheers

Jack"

If you've got a few minutes it's worth having a look at some of the routes. The Friday route starts at the bottom of the old Military road and ends up in Ullapool. Honestly a day of pure motoring nirvana.

Insider
    That looks amazing.

I don't know if I can wrap my head around driving on your side of the road though... or from the right seat!
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Jack, I just don't know how you were able to part with your GT4. I'm watching Savagegeese's (highly recommended content) video on it right now and am just lusting after it. Such a competent car.
    OlllllllO

god saturn was a great company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uGqdE24kpo
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.