Page 327 of 418 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Supercars don't do a lot for me. Never have. If I had bountiful cash, then yes, I'd have a couple of big ticket toys, but I'm not into having a car for the sake of how it looks or sounds. I don't do or get the whole "cruising" thing or cake and coffee meets. My perfect car is still a GT3. Brilliant road car that can be abused on trackdays without falling apart.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Supercars don't do a lot for me. Never have. If I had bountiful cash, then yes, I'd have a couple of big ticket toys, but I'm not into having a car for the sake of how it looks or sounds. I don't do or get the whole "cruising" thing or cake and coffee meets. My perfect car is still a GT3. Brilliant road car that can be abused on trackdays without falling apart.
    yeah street cars kinda end for me at the GT3/Z06/Boss302 type level.

even now though, i feel myself caring less and less about anything to do with street driving. there is just nothing for me in road driving anymore, maybe a nice drive down the river with kassy, with the top down, but thats not like driving driving. no pushing anything here or there. you just can't drive like i enjoy driving anywhere on the street. even HPDE/track days have gotten pretty boring for me. hotlaping on a track alone is pretty boring. i want the rush and ultimate focus and intensity of autocross, or i want wheel to wheel racing. im afraid im going to get a to a point where only wheel to wheel racing gets my rocks off.

you always need stronger stuff ....
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-13-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

a big reason why i have always been a fan of corvette racing ... the fact that they regularly show up and beat the pants of the WEC teams ...

http://nasportscar.com/heres-a-few-m...e-acos-dreams/
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Looking at buying a house since rent is stupid.

Housing prices aren't much better, but I've found a charming little place from the 30's or so that I kinda really want. Needs a bit of kitchen updating (but is perfectly fine as is) and the driveway needs to be fixed as my car scrapes the little rubber front wind deflector on the way in.

Otherwise, I'm kinda digging the place.

Yeah, fuck renting. Maintaining everything yourself does take up some time and money, but if you enjoy doing stuff yourself, it's not bad.

Are you still in Canada? I thought somebody moved down to Detroit to work for an automaker and I thought it was you, but maybe not.

i was actually just in detroit. surprisingly, i loved it. great city, reminded me of the twin cities about 15 years ago. a lot of cool stuff coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Yeah, fuck renting. Maintaining everything yourself does take up some time and money, but if you enjoy doing stuff yourself, it's not bad.

Are you still in Canada? I thought somebody moved down to Detroit to work for an automaker and I thought it was you, but maybe not.
    I work for an automaker, but I'm in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I work for an automaker, but I'm in Canada.
    Gotcha.

How's the housing market up there? In the US, house prices are climbing fast but interest rates are still low, so while down payment costs are rising, monthly mortgage costs are pretty steady.

Hmmm, the water heater is broke. Hey slumlord, come replace it. My a/c isn't working, come fix that.

There are advantqges and disadvantages to both sides. I hqve always come from home ownership, but if i was in a place where i needed to move because of my job, thrn a rental agreement is easier to get out of than a mortgage...

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Gotcha.

How's the housing market up there? In the US, house prices are climbing fast but interest rates are still low, so while down payment costs are rising, monthly mortgage costs are pretty steady.
    I'm in Toronto. Along with Vancouver, Toronto is the worst in the country in terms of housing. Prices are skyrocketing, interest rates have recently increased and will be again, and it's not really slowing down. That said, it's lower than it was a year or so ago, but It's crap either way.