Page 332 of 418 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    I went from unimpressed to impressed so fast by that gif

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Haha

Cynic mode alert: as a marketing person I'll wager that decision ^ came from higher up. Sportspeople are held up as giants and heros for the herds to follow, and it seems built into the human psyche to respect tall people. Successful salespeople especially tend to be tall. The height inches wage gap is a very real thing too. So showing sportspeople as short (regardless of the gender of an interviewer) runs counter to that narrative.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

I don't see this happening with male interviewers.

And that doesn't discount that the audience is, in fact, the suspect.

because its a shit car, there i just saved you 21 minutes of your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnrov9akHZY
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    It's crazy to me how they can make the LFA and then just fail to make an exciting car everywhere else.

It's also crazy to me that there aren't more mid engine designs given the original nsx. Like, a massaged Accord, Maxima, or Camry v6 all could have made for a really cool platform at minimal developmental cost.

no one wants a mid engined car anymore. only mid engined cars are going to be exotics for a long time.

worship of practicality to an impractical level has killed the affordable mid engined sports car, and its likely to kill the affordable sports car period.

on the plus side, im going to drive a boss 302 tonight.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

It'll take a while, but this is what my kids will call "sports". The difference between esports and real sports is gonna get verrrry fuzzy.

Not to mention how they'll think of paintball when they're used to this.

"you mean you could keep shooting after you're shot? There must be sooo much cheating... - and how do you practice against teams in other countries? You don't travel do you?"
    Last edited by vijil; 07-12-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Oh God, it'll be fun when people start driving in AR.