Page 352 of 418 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

My immediate thoughts: Different boobs will have different damping ratios & natural frequencies. To mitigate this, you'll need a way to tune the sports bra.

Insider
    Exactly!
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

lets first find out what the ideal is. and for this we need a reasoanable sample size.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Also a long time study should be considered so that effects of time can be properly accounted for.

Insider
    That's just going to get depressing tbh
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

We just upgraded to SW 2018 at work and they've destroyed the "measure" tool.

All trailing zeroes are removed from a measurement. If I have a feature in a model that's 0.1" and my measure tool precision is set to, for example, 4 decimal places, it displays "0.1in". Unless I know what precision my measure tool is set to at all times, I no longer know if it's displaying this because the dimension is "exact", or the precision on my tool is set to one decimal and the dimension I'm measuring is anywhere from .05 to .1499.

Insanely stupid, IMO.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Why the hell would they change that. Smart dimension is unaffected, though?

Yeah. No clue.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    We can't upgrade because they also destroyed PDM. The new PDM system won't work with the connection we have with the TW office. Not to mention the complete PITA it is going to be to migrate all the meta data from the old PDM to the new one. Why do they keep messing with this stuff?!?
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    We just upgraded to SW 2018 at work and they've destroyed the "measure" tool.
    That is dumb. It sounds like a software guy was left alone too long. Does SolidWorks send out patches or updates? I imagine they would but I don't remember ever updating any version of SolidWorks I had.

I ordered a hobby-sized lathe a couple months ago and it's finally on its way to me. This morning, tracking says the crate was unloaded at a facility in Charlotte, NC. I hope these guys know what they're doing.