Page 354 of 418 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

ive also enjoyed the enneagram method, where i am an 8 wing 7, biggest fear: being controlled. i also the enneagram method as it talks very much about high functioning (ie when you are at your best) or under stress, how your responses change.

i find these things like tarot ... they are less interesting as hard science, and far more interesting as giving verbs and nouns to emotions. basically making concrete what wasn't before.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 09-21-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Developing mouse-hand pain. Started looking at ergonomic mice.

Holy crap, add like $100 onto the cost of a mouse to start seeing ergonomic prices. Which is kind of ridiculous - "Hey, here's something that'll probably pain you to use, but for the low cost of $140, we can get you something that doesn't hurt!"

Insider
    Get an anker vertical mouse. They're like $15 and work well.

Impossible to actually frag out with competitively IMO but it let me play dota, path of exile and bioshock when I had time for such things. I also use a trackball (Logitech M570) at work.

Source: I have a mouse-side wrist tendinitis that I'm fairly sure is from my days of competitive counterstrike (could also be from the lifting I guess?)
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Get an anker vertical mouse. They're like $15 and work well.

Impossible to actually frag out with competitively IMO but it let me play dota, path of exile and bioshock when I had time for such things. I also use a trackball (Logitech M570) at work.

Source: I have a mouse-side wrist tendinitis that I'm fairly sure is from my days of competitive counterstrike (could also be from the lifting I guess?)
    Ya I've seen those, and am definitely thinking on it. Currently going through the process at work to see if I can get them to pay for something instead of me forking out. Would love to get a Logitech vertical mouse - they look pretty sweet.

My wife got one of the vertical mice for at work. Went back to a standard mouse because it was nigh unusable. YMMV.

Having worked at a CAD/CAM Software company and dealt with upgrade issues since my first job at Land Rover... I am a fan of staying a year or two behind the most current release unless there is an absolutely critical improvement that is worth the upgrade. There rarely is. Solidworks 2016 FTW!

I use a Space Pilot 3D mouse on my left hand and a gaming mouse on the right. Before adding the Space mouse I used to have major issues, adding it means I haven't even thought about them until the posts above. It was about 10+ years ago I added the Space mouse and now I don't have a computer without out. I even have the mobile version for my laptop

Insider
    One option could also be a wacom tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    One option could also be a wacom tablet
    I'll take a look, thanks!

How do they work with multiple screens?

Signed a bunch of papers for the house yesterday; barring any unforeseen circumstances I'll own a house on Wednesday.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    How do they work with multiple screens?
    Just fine, you can either map the tablet for the whole desktop size or use one of the programmable function keys to switch between different screens.