Page 334 of 418 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    ...I assume you're not referring to Burning Man...
    you'd be wrong. i am referring to burning man and events similar.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I honestly don't understand how the whole thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you'd be wrong. i am referring to burning man and events similar.
    But burning man isn't for another month?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    But burning man isn't for another month?
    there are events based on the principles of burning man that happen around the country.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I suspect they may be better than burning man at this point.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    there are events based on the principles of burning man that happen around the country.
    What's the principle? Isn't it just a festival?
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

From Wikipedia. Please correct if this isn't right.

Because of the variety of goals fostered by participatory attendees, known as "Burners", Burning Man does not have a single focus. Features of the event are subject to the participants and include community, artwork, absurdity, decommodification, and revelry. Participation is encouraged.[91][92]

The Burning Man event and its affiliated communities are guided by ten principles that are meant to evoke the cultural ethos that has emerged from the event. They were originally written by Larry Harvey in 2004 as guidelines for regional organizing, then later became a universal criterion of the general culture of the multifaceted movement. They are:
    radical inclusion
    gifting
    decommodification
    radical self-reliance
    radical self-expression
    communal effort
    civic responsibility
    leaving no trace
    participation
    immediacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

My concept of burning man is based on having many friends attend the events over the years. I would describe the goal to be:

1. Get as many young attractive females interested in the desert as possible. Cross populate with steampunk, rocky horror, rhythm gymnastics, maker/art, and kink communities if possible.
    2. Bring drugs and females to desert with tents and winnebagos.
    3. Video record everything.
    4. Encourage sex and weirdness.

If you're into costumes, open sex, and voyeurism/exhibitionism... well then, burning man is the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    My concept of burning man is based on having many friends attend the events over the years. I would describe the goal to be:

1. Get as many young attractive females interested in the desert as possible. Cross populate with steampunk, rocky horror, rhythm gymnastics, maker/art, and kink communities if possible.
    2. Bring drugs and females to desert with tents and winnebagos.
    3. Video record everything.
    4. Encourage sex and weirdness.

If you're into costumes, open sex, and voyeurism/exhibitionism... well then, burning man is the place.
    not false (there is a ton of kink and sex and wierdness), but not correct in my experience. maybe burning man is different by my regional burn was not like that.

there are 10 principles of burning, which are focused, or based on an abundance model, rather than how our society is based on a scarcity model. this is where i disagree with the whole "bring females" part of your post, it implies some kind of ownership or implied ownership. it also implies sex to be a commodity to be bought and sold (socially not commercially). that isn't how it works.

anyway, the whole idea is an abundance based community, not a scarcity based community. this changes ALL interactions, if i have my needs met, and you have your needs met, then our interaction can be one of total consent and mutual benefit. and since everyone is dealing with everyone else on exactly the terms they want to, the community flourishes. there are no required rules for behavior, only that you are responsible for yourself and your health (radical self reliance), and you have the consent of whoever your are interacting with on whatever level that is. this allows you to be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do (radial self expression). everything is de-commodification, there is no money (why would you need it?), and if you have more than you want/need, you give it to someone else (gifting). the de-commodification of sex is a big part of it too. half or more of everyone there is nude in some way, which disarms any kind of "shes mine" or "i had her" or whatever possessive or scarcity based statements/thoughts. there is an abundance of sex, just like everything else, so there is no "territory" or possession. if she wants to fuck you, maybe you will. if not, she won't.

as a veteran burner told me "if something seems strange to you, it means you are making an assumption that is probbably incorrect"

i had a fantastic time. i mean i am into kink. but even a square old white straight engineer like me enjoys a little radical self expression from time to time.

i want to build a tower.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-24-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Insider
    What happens if you feel your needs aren't being met?
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..