Page 336 of 418 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Perhaps a bizarre question, but was hallucinogen usage high at the burn?
    not nearly as high as you would think actually. i was shocked actually by how little drug use there was. then again i was expecting it to be pretty insane. so a dull roar was less than predicted.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Hmm... I guess I viewed the purpose of the burn more as an enlightenment, which usually comes with heavy hallucinogen use. I get the wanting to connect with people, but I don't understand what about the environment serves as the catalyst. If it's a Vegas-type environment where anything goes, then it seems like more people would be playing to the moment than connecting on any deep level. I'd think uniting for a common, singular passion would be more effective? I'm a semi-conservative square, so I'm living vicariously through your experience. :P

You should probably go to one. I've been toying with going to burning man proper myself.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

If I wasn't married then I'd probably consider it. There's one in Austin. As-is, I think I'll have to watch from the sidelines.

take your wife? seems like an easy solution.

the best thing about the drug use was that it wasn't amateur hour, like it is as music festivals etc etc, where dozens of folks are getting carted off for dehydration, druge use, alcohol poisoning etc etc ... everyone knows there shit, knows what they are doing, and its not the sober folks jobs to help anyone. no one left in an ambulance. it really is a place where folks take care of themselves, so you don't have to. which is excellent. being on both sides of the inebriation, it was nice.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

If anyone has a chance to pick up an 80s to early 90s Isuzu do it.

I am on my second Isuzu hooptie project and i have never been more impressed by the build quality, material choices, and the insane details that they built into their cars and small trucks.

My 1981 diesel luv truck is just a rugged little beast with a bullet proof motor and drive train, they practically armored the fuel tank and transfer case with 3/16" thick steel plates.

And the 1988 impulse i picked up is insanity. For a little rwd car to have a water cooled turbo charger with an incredible cooling system. An oversized radiator, with both a mechanical and an electric fan, a fat intercooler, and an oil cooler that has an electric primer pump attached to it that makes sure the motor has positive oil pressure on startup. It also has a separate blower that just cools the injectors and the distributor. It also has a fast idle vacuum advance that idles the engine faster on startup to help it get to temperature faster. It just impresses me the more i strip away at the car.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 07-30-2018 at 09:20 PM.

After the 90s, i believe that isuzu quality went down the toilet. I know things like the vehicross just where garbage. The diesels on the other hand, coming from isuzu's industrial background should be and were great motors.

Now if you can get a smaller diesel, in a full sized half-ton body that didn't cost 40k+, you would have a million seller. Too bad there is such a stigma on diesels in the US market.

Best truck thing Chevy ever did was team up with isuzu to make the duramax

Been playing with my old wanhao i3 v2.1 printer quite a bit lately. I discovered that one of my idler pulleys had failed so I went crazy fixing it up and have now done:

Rear z-brace mod
    x-idler bracket mod + new pulley
    y-idler bracket mod + new pulley
    CII cooler mod
    glass bed
    motor dampers
    stiffer y-carriage

Am working on going to a 3-point bed leveling/ tramming setup.

While I had it apart I greased the bearings, checked all rods for deflection and squared everything. I'm missing 1 pesky part and I can finish assembly, recalibrate and do some new test prints. On my benchy prints I had some z-axis drift and some artifacts likely caused by the bad idler. All said, I'm pretty happy with the printer for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Been playing with my old wanhao i3 v2.1 printer quite a bit lately. I discovered that one of my idler pulleys had failed so I went crazy fixing it up and have now done:

Rear z-brace mod
    x-idler bracket mod + new pulley
    y-idler bracket mod + new pulley
    CII cooler mod
    glass bed
    motor dampers
    stiffer y-carriage

Am working on going to a 3-point bed leveling/ tramming setup.

While I had it apart I greased the bearings, checked all rods for deflection and squared everything. I'm missing 1 pesky part and I can finish assembly, recalibrate and do some new test prints. On my benchy prints I had some z-axis drift and some artifacts likely caused by the bad idler. All said, I'm pretty happy with the printer for the price.
    If I didn't have an problem with the idea of a bedslinger Mendel, I'd probably buy a Prusa Mk3 next. Unfortunately, the only CoreXY/Quadrap/Delta printers on the market are DIY or prohibitively expensive for a consumer. I don't like the idea of a Voron2 because they've purposefully introduced slop to overcome an overconstrained system. I don't like some of the issues with the Voron 1.55 (I think the 1.5 is considered the best of that design)... I don't the heavy moving X axis of the D-Bot, and the fact that it's a PITA to enclose if you'd like to go that route.

So I might just build a Hypercube Evo or go full custom... take some inspiration from the E3D motion platform. Of course, that'll be a while from now given the new house costs etc...