Page 218 of 418 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So I checked in that ST yesterday. Shockingly, it shows no signs of ever having been into a wall or off a road. It's looking a lot like it was set up to be run, but not actually driven that way. It's actually a neat little car, quick as heck, and isn't going to be stupid spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Yeah but I'm asking if they add ballast/modify the physical vehicles themselves?
    yup
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Now that turned into a damn good conversation. Thank you! I appreciate that.

My point in bringing out the 'production based race car' was that, well, that racing with those standard results in production of those 'homologation specials', and they still do it even if there are no 'stock car' racing - since they have tracks and events to compete in anyways. I was mostly saying that I would like to see more of exactly that. I think with some semantics explained, racing those exact cars, that are in limited production 500 or 2500 numbers made and supped up from the factory kinda like they were in the 60's would be good fun to watch, though we do still have lap times and Nuremberg ring times to look at, and that is why they do it.

I can understand why BoP would be put in, but I really don't think everybody should be dumbed down to make sure Hyundai can still win all of the time. I would say that is what spec racing is for.

I want to see the tech win, even if the accountants are the ones doing it to a point (they still have to make 500 of them, so...) and like I mentioned in the beginning, I would have the racing brackets based on cost, $25k, $50k, $100k, whichever, so the bang for the buck would shine through, and so the $150k cars wouldn't blow away a lightly warmed BRZ.

That being said, after all of this, the end result is I realize I care more about the tech than the race really. That for me it is just a standard used to test and to get a result, not a setup to make for a balanced race.

Sacrilegious, I know.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

you have to understand that no one builds cars that are equal to each other on a competitive footing in racing ... for the street. unless they are artificially made that way. which is what BoP is. because the decisions you made when you make cars for selling, are different than the decisions you make when you make cars for racing. all your really testing is who was willing to go farther down the racing decision tree than the other guy. which ends up costing the company shit tons of money (large R&D budget, for a tiny amount of cars sold at a significant loss), which then turns it into a bank account race. going faster isn't some crazy puzzle, all it takes is money.

if you want high tech, production based sports car racing isn't your bag anyway, again, thats what we have prototype classes for. there really isn't any new tech in sports car racing. making cars faster is easy, if you gave them more power they would go faster, more tire, more wing, none of these things are new.

if hyundai builds a GT3 car, and its homologated, and they have some good drivers, and some good engineers, and some good strategy, they should win races. why not?
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-30-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Picking up a new daily this week, hopefully, if they can get it prepped in time for the weekend.

In a bit of a BMW mood at the moment, so got a nice little M140i to go with the e46 M3 in the garage.

Picking it up and taking ti straight to Birds (UK BMW tuner) for custom suspension and Quaife diff. Can't wait!

The new B58 motor looks pretty epic for a production car http://youwheel.com/home/2016/03/27/...linder-engine/
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider

Going for this look with it. Though the BBS CH-R are mental money! Might try and find some replicas. Found a guy in the NE UK that does the front splitter, so that's the first thing that's going on after the suspension and diff.

I'm not much of a Beemer kind of guy, but that's pretty nice.

i think my favorite part of baby driver is when 2 generations ago mercades E class, was racing with a current generation E class. sorry i mean dodge charger, was racing with a E class.

god Chrysler sucks. how do they even exist?

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i think my favorite part of baby driver is when 2 generations ago mercades E class, was racing with a current generation E class. sorry i mean dodge charger, was racing with a E class.

god Chrysler sucks.
    Haven't seen it yet but heard it's very good. Might go tomorrow.

its a basic heist/get-a-way summer movie. entertaining and well made.

EDIT actually its even older than that. the LX/C is based on a new 3 generations old mercades E class.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-04-2017 at 09:51 AM.