Page 353 of 418 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    We can't upgrade because they also destroyed PDM. The new PDM system won't work with the connection we have with the TW office. Not to mention the complete PITA it is going to be to migrate all the meta data from the old PDM to the new one. Why do they keep messing with this stuff?!?
    They have to justify the yearly release model - you know how people tend to feel about that one
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    We can't upgrade because they also destroyed PDM. The new PDM system won't work with the connection we have with the TW office. Not to mention the complete PITA it is going to be to migrate all the meta data from the old PDM to the new one. Why do they keep messing with this stuff?!?
    Hrm, I wonder if that has anything to do with why ours is deleting part numbers from our print metadata...
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    That is dumb. It sounds like a software guy was left alone too long. Does SolidWorks send out patches or updates? I imagine they would but I don't remember ever updating any version of SolidWorks I had.

I ordered a hobby-sized lathe a couple months ago and it's finally on its way to me. This morning, tracking says the crate was unloaded at a facility in Charlotte, NC. I hope these guys know what they're doing.
    I hope they are going to keep the shipment going in advance of the hurricane. Sounds like air and land travel is still okay today, but headed North and West is going to be slow moving for any land transport.

We have been having a ton of issues at my job after "upgrading" to SW18

Lots of legacy prints missing entire detail views, dimensions just pointing to empty space, and the lady that prints them has zero clue what she is looking at so we only find out after I grab the PO and start working.

i blue screened solid works the other day. something about trying to generate a couple trillion lines in a pseudo random way, it just did not like that plan.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Yeah, tht would be more appropriate to try on a mesh modeler.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Yeah, tht would be more appropriate to try on a mesh modeler.
    that isn't what we were doing, but i can see why thats where your mind went.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    solidworks isn't very good at procedural generation, IMO. Or maybe I'm just trash at equations

https://blendersushi.blogspot.com/20...-modeling.html

huh, didn't know steve jobs was an ENTJ too. god this resonates with me:

Your time is limited, so don*t waste it living someone else*s life. Don*t be trapped by dogma * which is living with the results of other people*s thinking. Don*t let the noise of others* opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs

Insider
    INTP here, as far as Meyers-Briggs is any good.

Basadur conceptualizer is a better description of me though:
    http://www.business-analytic.co.uk/_...-jabs-2014.pdf

I really need to take a Big5 personality assessment at some point.