Page 97 of 418 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Can you do the same pyramid for gym bros and or paintball?

Olympic lifters have to be the apex right
    you can. you don't want to know where MCBers fall on that one. or AOers ...

as far as gym bros, im not up on my gym culture, all i work out with is like 50+ year old men, because its the company gym. mostly they complain about being fat, or there wives. so my perspective on gym culture is not that good/wide/broad enough to make such a comparison.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-13-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    My sister does hunter/jumper.

If you think 80s sports cars are a money pit....
    also seriously

we are talking like late model 911 car payment type expenses, but forever. no you don't "pay off" the car ever, you just pay someone to board the horse ... FOREVER. and if you want to be good, you take lessons at like another 50 bucks a week. crazy the amount of money horses are.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    we are talking like late model 911 car payment type expenses, but forever. no you don't "pay off" the car ever, you just pay someone to board the horse ... FOREVER. and if you want to be good, you take lessons at like at least 75 bucks a time, two or three times a week. crazy the amount of money horses are.
    My wife rides... she prefers jumping, and even she thinks the Hunter thing is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    My wife rides... she prefers jumping, and even she thinks the Hunter thing is silly.
    horses are like cars or paintball ... i mean everything is.

establish your fundamentals. then branch out and do your exact preferred format of play. in paintball the fundamentals are movement, angles, gunfighting, form etc best taught in speed-ball. in cars its petal control, the late apex, nailing your braking zone, and handling tuning. this is cheapest to learn autocrossing. with horses its getting extension at the trot, a smooth seated canter, riding with your legs not your hands, diagonals, leads and transitions. all of these are easiest to learn in dressage (because they are all just dressage).

once you learn these basics, then you go on, maybe to tournament paintball, or UWL, or big games or whatever. but with those basic skills like knowing where to move, how to play a bunker, how to handle your gun, you are pretty much useless. and regardless of format, whoever is the better paintball player usually wins. same thing with cars. go dirt track racing, rallyx, road racing etc etc ... if you dont have those basic skills, you are dead meat.

so when it comes to horses and horse girls, if they are not into dressage on some level, they are probably shitty. because dressage is the fundamentals of horse control, and without horse control, you can't stadium jump, you cant cross country jump etc etc etc

always be weary of a horse girl who rips on dressage.

but shes smoken hot. i could keep my mouth shut and just hit it and quit it.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-13-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    Built myself a GPS Tracker today to sit in my camera. Seems to be accurate to about 6/7 meters. It's all breadboard at the moment, but it's given me an idea for a little indestructible(ish) camera tracker within a cheeseplate, which would save me a lot of headache and stressing when the airlines lose the camera. Just need to a) make it smaller, b) draw power from somewhere and c) make it work anywhere.

Anyone (Josh) got any experience with Kickstarter?
    GPS + camera + airlines = ?
    What's your dayjob?

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    GPS + camera + airlines = ?
    What's your dayjob?
    I do documentary filming, this little side project of mine has been brought on by the fact that I very nearly had a heart attack when I was told the peli case with my main camera (alongside batteries, monitor, SSD's etc) had been delayed because they were classed as excess baggage and had been loaded on the subsequent flight. (I was originally told "it's not gone yet" before getting the whole story). Although I have a tracker in the case, I realised that the tracker would be entirely useless if the camera itself got stolen. Batteries I carry adapters for, lenses and a C cam I always carry on my person, but having a tracker on the camera itself would have immediately made me less stressed.

That was about a month ago, been looking for more freelance work ever since. Not a lot of series going at the moment, it seems.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Added about 5 HP to my bike today.

Destroyer of Threads

Insider
    Anyone (Josh) got any experience with Kickstarter?
    Yeah, send me an email. josh@j4pb.com
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Yeah, send me an email. josh@j4pb.com
    You've got mail

Also, Channel 4 are coming along to film paintball as part of a training course near me. Sounds pretty neat, but as part of the challenge, they've been sent out with only a 18-35 F1.8 lens, which should be interesting.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.