Page 174 of 418 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Moonshine... I'd rather go straight everclear.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Difference is...nil.

Unless you just want the legal version. Moonshine is the same as PGA. [shrugs]

Some moonshine is horrid, but some of it is so clean you have no clue it is as high a proof as it is. The 'family' apple pie moonshine will flatten you to a chair in half a glass, and you would have though it was mostly juice.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 10-06-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Well, a friend of mine (Kentucky native) brought a growler of some home-brewed stuff to our place a few years back... I didn't feel right for three days.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Insider
    Drank a lot of moonshine at Fulda last year. Wonderful stuff. The apple pie flavor was OK. Bit sweet for my liking. Had a couple of hideous hangovers from it. And its effect on my somatic motor neurons was very similar to what I remember rough cider doing to me as a teenager..... :/
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider
    ... I didn't feel right for three days.
    A Growler? You better of not felt right for 3 days. That is a NDE.

The grain based ones can be rough before mellowing (hence Whiskey.) Now, the 'Family' recipe uses apples, which produce a fantastic moonshine. We just put a splash of juice and cinnamon in there instead of the near syrup others use. Nice and clean and you end up sitting down soon. I don't have any on hand though.

Still, a Growler. I can understand shying away from it for life. [shudder]
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Yeah, I mean, we split it between three people, but... we did finish it.

That was back when I had my Wisconsin/college tolerance. It'd probably kill me if I drank it today.

can anyone think of a valid engineering reason for using a 1/2-16 NPT fitting in a hole that was tapped for BSPT?

the taper angles are different by 5 degrees

casting that I am working on has a BSPT callout yet I know the fitting that goes in the hole is NPT

we are supposed to pressure test the fitting but obviously the difference in thread style is wreaking havoc on the testing procedure

I cannot think of a reason why a designer would do that, realistically the threads are only sealing on about 1 thread due to the angular difference (rather than taper locking which is the point)

apparently the assembly guys have just been gooping the threads up with sealant and calling it good but I would rather fix the issue the right way by calling out the design error and want to know if someone has a good reason it may be done that I am missing
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

My guess is it was a legacy part issue. I've seen tons of those based on MRP systems not tracking configurations. I'd call it out (with tact) if you know the mating part.

Agreed ^^^

This guy claims Apple manufactures to 10 micron tolerances. http://atomicdelights.com/blog/why-y...ont-be-ceramic

Smells like bullshit to me, but anyone else heard about this?