Page 228 of 418 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    God those gears are loud. Is this the car you were talking about being a nightmare to drive on the street? The one with straight-cut gears?

Also, is there a reason why all of these track prepped cars with stripped interiors usually keep the dashboard intact? It seems like an easy way to remove some weight.
    i dont know if your being sarcastic or not, but no, spec miatas do not have straight cut gears.

and to your second question, rules.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    that's awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i dont know if your being sarcastic or not, but no, spec miatas do not have straight cut gears.

and to your second question, rules.
    Thanks. And no, what you probably detected as sarcasm was, in fact, ignorance. I really had no idea lol

Insider
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

So, World Cup is around the corner.....

Who knows something?
    OlllllllO

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Steve, I couldn't agree more with that gif. ISPs are off their rockers and that's more than just Verizon. What's frustrating is that Verizon is also going after the underlying infrastructure companies and will likely be a backhaul provider. There's a company called UTOPIA that has a model I quite like. In Florida, many HOAs own their last mile networks, but everyone still has to hop on a backhaul. I'm really hoping companies like Zayo and fiberlight partner with neutral last mile providers.

As a side note, I had lunch with the billionaire owner of fiberlight, Jay Monroe. Interestingly he is pushing for a wireless satellite wifi. The other route around fiber is milliwave which Verizon knows will limit their control. I suspect they're trying to milk profit to reinvest in the infrastructure side so they stay relevant. That's exactly what killed SWB.

Went wakeboarding for the first time in a year yesterday. Had a blast. Finally managed to clear the wake, but surprised myself so much with it that I bailed after landing. Holy heck I hurt though. Just sore everywhere.

Insider
    Google fiber is pivoting to wireless as well.

Nice ion, it's way harder than skiing to get up - I haven't tried in a long time (40 pounds ago) but I couldn't ever do it.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

cool pic of the spec from last weekends track night. labor day weekend, my first race in the car;

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.