Page 37 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

think of it this way, action movies, and esp movies about cars, are fetish films. each one seems to fetishize something else, and thats kinda half the point of the movie at the end of the day.

Fast and furious: NOS

Initial D: pop up headlights

things like this.

and Mad Max is about big v8s and superchargers.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    To me, it was more a Furiosia film than a Mad Max film. Proper Mad Max style dialogue though.

'Nother note - got to finally fly the Inspire 1 at the weekend. I can see it being very popular in lower budget commercials, but the model I few had too much jelllo for any of the footage to be good. Also played an uncapped semi tourney with a pump and didn't do too badly

so my boss almost killed me today, he had a shaft up in the press laying in some large v blocks

he was trying to press the shaft back true since the heat treater quenched it wrong and caused all kinds of issues with axial straightness

anyway he had about .2" deformation into the center of the shaft and a V block catastrophically failed and flew about an arms length from my head (in the direction I was walking)

it put a sizable dent in the steel controller cabinet of our Eurotech which is roughly 20 feet away from where it launched

he didnt even apologize, if I was on the press and he was in my shoes I would probably have been reprimanded or even fired honestly

perks of being the shop owner, nearly killing your employees

Least he could have done was bought you a fresh set of underwear.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    so my boss almost killed me today, he had a shaft up in the press laying in some large v blocks

he was trying to press the shaft back true since the heat treater quenched it wrong and caused all kinds of issues with axial straightness

anyway he had about .2" deformation into the center of the shaft and a V block catastrophically failed and flew about an arms length from my head (in the direction I was walking)

it put a sizable dent in the steel controller cabinet of our Eurotech which is roughly 20 feet away from where it launched

he didnt even apologize, if I was on the press and he was in my shoes I would probably have been reprimanded or even fired honestly

Jesus dude, glad you're safe
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post

Scary stuff. Glad you are ok. It's easy to get complacent sometimes, but you can't with machines or heavy equipment.

In other news. I just bought a tractor. Well I am putting 0 down and 0% finance to get a tractor. Time to build the paintball field on the back of my property

I would drive out there for BFE

Hmm. 4 hour flight. Or 16 hours by road.

"inception designs invitational"
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Holy crap Panda... that's some scary stuff.