Page 395 of 418 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So another post whinging about forums going away:

I found r/old_recipes and have been perusing... The lack of ways to filter or sort is depressing. This is not the right medium to store and categorize recipes...

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    a discussion isn't a comparison of who can be more polite

diesel is done, if it wasnt done before dieselgate, and it was, its dead as a doornail now.

the Europeans have abandoned it vis a vis development efforts, its over
    Not saying you are wrong that all IC engines are done but diesel is going to be the last to die. All the freighting and movement across the world by ship and by plane (if you want to count jet fuel as diesel I would) Going to be a lot longer before battery powered freight carrying ships are crossing the pacific, or for electric powered planes in comparison to regular daily drivers. I am waiting to see what the overland freight is going to do, you see the new electric trucks, it is going to be interesting to see how they restructure the interstate to handle that when needed.

OT OT: I took my DM9 to the field yesterday and developed an HPR recharge issue in the middle of the day. I took apart the regulator and found that the large piston oring was worn away to almost a D cross-section. I think that's the first time I ever replaced that oring since I got the gun.

D cross section is NG for proper function. Can confirm.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Not saying you are wrong that all IC engines are done but diesel is going to be the last to die. All the freighting and movement across the world by ship and by plane (if you want to count jet fuel as diesel I would) Going to be a lot longer before battery powered freight carrying ships are crossing the pacific, or for electric powered planes in comparison to regular daily drivers. I am waiting to see what the overland freight is going to do, you see the new electric trucks, it is going to be interesting to see how they restructure the interstate to handle that when needed.
    probably in ships, i was referring to passenger cars.

ICE will stick around in lots of applications long after they die in cars.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I'd thought it was somewhat interesting that Cessna had brought out a diesel-driven 172 Skyhawk a few years ago. The 172's I've got time in tend to run through 100 octane "low lead" aviation fuel at around 8-10 gallons per hour. The diesel goes through about 5-6 gallons of Jet-A per hour. The engine is a bit heavier and so is the fuel, but the savings might be worth the trade-off. Doesn't matter for what I'm setting up though. Weight is going to be a key factor in my bird.
    Last edited by Pump Scout; 07-17-2019 at 08:30 AM.

why the grandsport was always the best vette: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...6VEhNuJXjqd9RE
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Anyone here use a mechanical keyboard?

I'm looking at picking one up... or rather, building one. Currently using a colleagues' to test out the concept, noticing some issues that I think will be fixed by building a custom one, but also not sure if diving in the deep end is really the best idea.

I'm currently using (normally) a MS natural ergo keyboard, which I like, other than the addition of the numpad (I like numpads, but not always attached, y'know?) driving my mouse so far away. I like the tenting, I like the fact that your two arms aren't expected to be straight on the keyboard (shoulders are wider than a keyboard!)... For whatever reason, I keep looking back at a dactyl keyboard. I know it's going to be super impractical for some things, I just don't know if those things are going to be relevant to my work.

punk - I think that everyone agrees the GS is the best, especially C7's.

edit - this is actually why the US GM Motorsports team chooses to main a 2.0T Camaro. I think they've pulled the 1LE bits from the V6, but they wanted the lighter vehicle. We're starting a team up here and I'm gunning for either the V6 or 2.0T... also because the V8 is just too much for an autocross event.
    Last edited by new ion?; 07-17-2019 at 05:00 PM.

A 2.0T 1LE would be a nice autocross car, I can imagine.

I've recently driven a friend's 2017 1LE SS and it was a blast. I would take that car any day of the week. The gen 6 Camaros chassis is great.
    OlllllllO

Somewhat in the vein of diesels, the new Skyactiv-X looks pretty cool.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon