Page 367 of 418 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

i realized while packing for my trip out to california this week that there is no "casually" living in minnesota. i think over 80% of the non-work shirts in my closet either have the word Minnesota or the outline of the state on them.

we really do love our state here.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-06-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So before Xmas, my gf and I decided to foster a dog. He's a bit big for us to keep, but we started loving him pretty deeply. He's a good boy, a former street dog like our dog Alexa. All rescues have some issues, he's not super great at meeting new people. Alexa isn't either, but she's the type of dog that'll run away instead of defending himself. We had some issues with him on Christmas day, which is fair, considering there were suddenly 7 people he didn't know in his house and he got a little overwhelmed. Especially when one of them is 6'5" and like ~300 lbs. But he's been great with everyone else, and I think part of that is due to us knowing more about introductions with rescue dogs.

Anyways, a coworker adopted him, who has a very different lifestyle. At first things seemed like they were going well, but last night apparently he either bit or made a motion to bite a stranger to him (Owner's sister). Coworker decided that they couldn't keep him anymore and I'm kind of devastated. Trying to distract myself by just doing my work and doing the tasks that need to be done, but the moment I get to the end of a task/a break in one, I just cant stop thinking about it and how awful I feel about the entire situation.

Alexa on the left, he's in the middle:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3YmhErSPcyiCH6x7
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/jPvfeCHs1LKrWZVN7

I hope the rescue org can get him in with a trainer or something, because if I have to foster him again I just might keep him. Only had him for 6 weeks and I'm amazed at how much of an impact he's had on our family.

We have 5 dogs (all rescue), and our fifth (Tigger) we like to call our accident since I had drawn a hard line after we got our 4th, our Dane. Tigger was also a failed foster and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Go get him man. 2 dogs is great and is a piece of cake. You guys love him, you'll train him up and he'll be great.

Behold, Tigger the accident: https://www.instagram.com/gettintiggywitit/
    OlllllllO

daytona 24 this weekend ... anyone have any bets?

im really hoping this year is mazda's year. they were quickest at the roar too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I totally would not foster any dog, as they would never leave.

3 dog +1 more is no different than 4+1. Just knowing that you could give a better home is more than enough over the added expenses. My last 3 dogs were adoptions, the last one(who i had to put down last March after she broke her front left leg bone after for the past year was riddled with small cell cancer, when we received the x-rays) had so many problems because she was a happy pee'er. She was happy to see you, out came pee. She was sorry for peeing, so more pee followed. That was messy, but you can learn to alter behavior, but what happened was the previous owner, apparently locked her up in a wash room(washing machine & dryer), chased her with brooms and hosed her down over the happy pee'ing. All this i found out through interactions. Fixed her well enough with love and understanding. So i totally see how some dogs/animals just don't work with some people.

Well ion, you get the dog?
    OlllllllO

So, apparently they had a bit of a knee-jerk reaction and are working with trainers from the rescue to overcome any issues. He has not been taken off the owners hands; They want him and want to work through the issues. Had a ~30 min discussion with him yesterday.

So to directly answer your question: No. But, he's still in the owner's hands and they're doing what they can to fix issues.

Apparently the trainer spent ~15 mins in the house and went "ya, I can tell already that your first dog runs this entire house, so that's one thing that's going to need to change right off the bat".

So I have high hopes for Gonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    daytona 24 this weekend ... anyone have any bets?

im really hoping this year is mazda's year. they were quickest at the roar too.
    I have to pull for the Blue Oval teams. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I have to pull for the Blue Oval teams. Of course.
    the GTs look good in GTLM, but i still can't. ill be rooting for corvette and porsche as usual. porsche is on pole, and its a reliable car, so that would be cool.

mazda on pole in P, porsche on pole in GTLM, GTD seems like a mess, no idea who will come out on top there.

I survived the culling.

It's been weird.