Page 384 of 418 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I can imagine that took stress off you all to be able to show your real selves to your family. Glad to hear it went so well!
    it did.

im not gay, and nor do i want to make another white straight dude complaining post, but i TOTALLY understand the mental stress and constant annoyance turned feeling shitty about having to conceal around most people, a huge segment of your life. like my life is about 50% fixing or racing miatas, and 50% dating my two partners. thats it. thats what i do. every hour of the day im either sleeping, working on a car, racing a car, spending time with a partner, or recharging personal time. so its like 25% of my life, to conceal, and its exhausting. every date with her needs to be covered on schedule, mysterious friends, etc. have to be super careful about affection in public. referencing conversations and activities (of which there are a million) to obscure the source .... you literally feel like a different person when 25% or more of your life you are keeping under wraps.

like jesus, only been doing it a year and its fucking terrible.

i always understood on an intellectual level the whole coming out feeling amazing because you no longer have to pretend. and that not coming literally destroys people's sanity and pushes them into depression/suicide etc. but MAN i understand it on an emotional level so much better now. and i got only a tiny dose of this, for something i am voluntarily choosing to do, for a ~year.

i can't imagine a lifetime of judgement and concealment. we have done horrible things to people in our society, and we should feel terrible about it.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 05-22-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/jee...e9eKHThinVOMv4

#justchrystlerthings

no really, they are 100% hot garbage and no one should buy them.

there is a reason the first gen dodge neon is best car Chrysler ever made and probably should have just stopped making cars after the 90s.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 05-29-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I got to get up close with a Jeep Gladiator a couple weekends ago. SO underwhelmed. The kid they had doing the talking points by it knew nothing about it, the build quality sucked, and the price about made me spit out my beverage for what it is.

In other news, I replaced the USB port on my rapidly aging Note4 last night. It went badly. The thing went from "it won't charge" to "don't know if it's charging because the power button doesn't contact anymore". Oops. It's time to replace the stupid thing anyway, I just wanted to replace my wife's first and THEN mine, not both at once. Running my old Note3 as a backup to limp through for now.

I just took my buddy's new 2 door JL Rubicon w/manual trans out for a spin over the weekend and I love what they've done with it.

Weird.

FYI, the Gladiator pricing is actually considerably lower than it was rumored to be. Pump, care to elaborate on your thoughts on it?
    OlllllllO

That's how they're still in business. I'm aware they have a lot of problems, but the summertime fun in a jeep factor makes it hard for me to say I'd never buy one.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

You want to know what is fun in a jeep, watch the jeep driver who was all the doors off, the bikini top and get caught in a quick, driving, thunderstorm and dress for the weather 3hours ago. Not good timing...

Oh well, I'm not your *average* Jeep owner. Never had a problem with that Jeep that wasn't caused by me and it was well, well beyond the point of "expected reliability."

OlllllllO

Most of my issues with the Gladiator stem from the source material. First off, Jeeps are expensive as hell to warranty. Nearly as expensive as a Traverse/Enclave/Acadia. The design is weird, also stemming from the Wrangler - when you take off the doors, you lose your mirrors. Most Gladiators, like the parent Wranglers, are going to spend their entire existence on pavement, but are geared in some ways toward the off-roader, which leads to mixed results really. You get slightly better off-road capabilities at the expense of horrible on-road driving experience. Same story on the inside, they're sort of geared toward off-road setups, but not really.

Now, the old Wranglers, different story. Those things didn't give a poop about on-road, they're off road vehicles that happen to be street legal.

Insider
    I definitely need to drive a few.
    I think I could get a lot more bang for buck on a used 4Runner...
    We?re in Vegas for our anniversary and wife has brought up coming out here to go camping for a couple weeks next year. Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Most of my issues with the Gladiator stem from the source material. First off, Jeeps are expensive as hell to warranty. Nearly as expensive as a Traverse/Enclave/Acadia. The design is weird, also stemming from the Wrangler - when you take off the doors, you lose your mirrors. Most Gladiators, like the parent Wranglers, are going to spend their entire existence on pavement, but are geared in some ways toward the off-roader, which leads to mixed results really. You get slightly better off-road capabilities at the expense of horrible on-road driving experience. Same story on the inside, they're sort of geared toward off-road setups, but not really.

Now, the old Wranglers, different story. Those things didn't give a poop about on-road, they're off road vehicles that happen to be street legal.
    It's curious to me that you think they drive horribly. Have you driven a JL? I'm very picky about how cars drive and was impressed. They almost don't feel like they have a solid front axle anymore. To put that into context, I own a BRZ and have owned my RS for about 3 years. I actually just sold it and am picking up a Golf R tonight. So, I know how good cars drive.

As for my TJ, I actually designed the steering and suspension to perform better than factory. So, the TJ above actually handled, braked (broke?), and steered better than factory. Less squat on acceleration and dive on braking, almost identical body roll with front and rear torsion-style sway bars (they remain connected offroad and allow full suspension travel....that took a lot of tuning to get such good results), and far better steering feel and precision. No, that's not your run of the mill modified TJ so you're mostly right....most of the Jeeps out there suck balls because they were poorly modified by people who don't care and/or don't have a clue what they're doing. There's a reason that I no longer have it - because someone offered me almost $30k for it. That should help to put what it was into context. If you'd like detail pictures of the suspension, steering and axle work I can provide it. It's geeky goodness.
    OlllllllO