Page 45 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    I swear, kids are virus hardware.
    YES.

and tell them I'll sever their hands Star Wars style if they even touch the mouse on my new machine.
    I run a wireless mouse and keyboard plus the screen, and I just turn off when I leave the machine. I have 3 littles who play with it any chance they can get, plus they have teens who have F-ed it up enough that I have had to reset the whole mess... (shakes head) They are banned from my computer forever.

I am running a water cooled i3 with a 1gb graphics card, from IBuyComputers. I think I only have 8gb ram, could use more. I just found a decent 'Gaming' computer 2-3 years ago, and it was a good bang for the buck. For a paintball sized product the memory is the only real holdback. If I shut down Chrome it runs like a top.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    how much you have into that rig? I'm currently pricing out a new build for my self and its pretty close to what you have...
    I don't count monitors or peripherals, but it was like $1400. Refurb'd mobo and cooler
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

I will be snagging one of the new gtx 980 Ti hybrids when the time is right

my 780 is showing its age
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

I'm still running OC'd quadfire 5970s with a OC'd qx9650 @4.2ghz, 8gbddr3 @2200mhz, 240gb ForceGTs in raid0 and a 2tb 0+1 data/misc prog setup.

I am hoping for a new build this Christmas. At least I can still use my Corsair 800D. I am way too many Gens behind in everything but alas, it still handles just about every game out there maxed on a 32in 1080p.

I totally need to put some $ into a new video card. I picked up Assassin's Creed: Unity for PC and I don't think it is going to handle it.

Still have a pretty good machine otherwise:

Intel 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 Mobo
    8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 @2133Mhz
    120GB Corsair SSD
    5TB disk storage
    Corsair H100i All In One Water Cooler
    Corsair 650W Silent Power Supply
    Corsair SP2500 Speakers (These suckers are AWESOME)
    Dual ACER Monitors (could stand to get 2 matching ones that are a bit bigger)

I guess I've become a bit of a Corsair fanboy after typing that out...

and here i am just beatin' it to my touchscreen chromebook ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    I've just up'd my PC spec with a little monetary help from work:

Two E5 processors, two K4000's, 4Tb RAIDed drives, with a 512Gb ssd to run off of. 32Gb of Ram. I run my own Ezio monitors at work (part of the deal is that they provide the PC, but I provide the screens.)

I'd game, but wife + lack of decent job = gotta keep it practical. I can justify paintball because it's "fitness", not so much gaming.

Used to build my own gaming rigs etc but next primary will be a surface 4 pro. Might even get a lumia 940 and drop android if it has pen support.

Ansys ftw.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I remember having a ballsy computer when I was in college and played games on my PC. Now I just play on a console so it is easier to not convince myself to upgrade constantly to have a fast enough computer.

Subsequently, I have a (surprisingly capable) A10 5800K with 8GB of RAM currently using onboard video from the APU. I have a harder time with poorly done webpages cluttered with flash than I do Solidworks or AutoCAD, but it's getting a little long in the tooth and will probably go a little ballsier on the next build. Probably end up putting in a dedicated video card as a stop-gap to at least offload that duty from the system.