Page 293 of 418 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

god i hate BBK obsessed morons.

yes, i want to carry around more weight in the worst possible place hurting all elements of my cars performance, pay thousands of dollars more, and be severely limited in my pad and wheel options, and not have my car stop one foot sooner.

fools.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I hear that, Gordon. Granted, fade is real, but most people won't ever drive their car hard enough for that to become an issue (especially if the pads like a higher temp range) and ducting stock brakes for nearly-free is demonstrably more effective for fade prevention anyway.

Everything is all tires all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the wife and I were re-watching Rick & Morty Season 3 and this made me think of Gordon and also Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-wbWGwZ7_k
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

yup. fade is easily solved with a real brake pad and real fluid. street pads are pretty useless after a lap or two. there perhaps was an era of cars that did have undersized brakes and could use more actual braking force, but that was 30+ years ago. a camery has more brake than it needs, you don't need to bolt a bunch of iron in the worst possible part of your car, it wont help. buy a real pad and flush the system.

or put the engine in the trunk, that will help.

loved the video, except when he stepped on it, which was cringe-worthy in and of itself. instantly not flat. the life of a precision engineer.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So I became a US Citizen yesterday . A bit surreal and exhausting after how long the process has been.
    Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    https://zerolatencyvr.com/ is one to watch, though the buy in is $1m

There's a few sites up and running already. It's AR in the sense that you hold a gun and walk around a real space wearing a headset. They can use tricks (elevators and pure game tricks) to make the virtual space seem far larger, and of course it lets you play against people in other locations. The potential is pretty big, but I'd be wary to invest because of how fast the tech is moving right now.
    There's one of these opening in LA soon, a friend filmed some demo footage for them. Looks really cool, and the tricks they use to give you the sense of space was pretty fascinating.

They're some strange folk, but today I'm an Eagles fan.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    You'd think that this kind of thing is highly subjective, but it turns out that was, factually, the greatest game of all time.

I don't understand the appeal of football... Sorry. I just don't.

Maybe I just haven't spent the time to get into the sport to understand the logic and intricacies, but I also don't really get the whole tailgate/weekend party before a game. IDK.

I love the crazy acrobatics of catching passes, but I hate to see blindside, helmet-to-helmet hits on players. So the superbowl was a combination of good and bad for me. I wouldn't mind the idea of not punting take a broader appeal across the league, though.