Page 296 of 418 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Why not go with a 215/40/17 which are quite common and are only nominally bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Those tires aren't super rare, just super expensive.

I always find it funny that you remove material, you make it smaller and the price goes up. You are getting less, yet paying more. Lol, irony of manufacturing
    The further you get from a toroid the more effort you have to make to keep the shape. Low profile tires require less cheap rubber and more expensive reinforcing materials.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Why not go with a 215/40/17 which are quite common and are only nominally bigger?
    I honestly know very little about tires.

That said, increasing the width while maintaining the same aspect ratio will mean the tire is taller, no? So it'll screw with the speedo?

None of the tire shops said anything about resizing...

And all the shops I called said it was rare, one said it was used only on the FiST, and older Miata and a Fiat (I assume the 500?)

Insider
    Tires in Miata diameter are probably plentiful on 15 and 16 inch rims if you're willing to downsize

Does tirerack not ship to Canada?

Just buy a set of winter tires with them and either buy a set of rims with them and they will send everything mounted and and balanced already or just get the wheels and have the local shop mount and balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. She did basically use all of those words... She was good and likeable.

After leaving it for a while (enough to let my emotions calm down) I looked back on the contract. She appears to be correct in that I still owe some of the down payment.

There was a rebate going on that caused the confusion.... I still say the paperwork is confusing... Though much less so now that I'm looking back on it all.

Lesson learned, slow the whole thing down a bit while buying. Go over every line more thoroughly than I did the first time.

Another couple bad things about the car: 4x108 bolt pattern. Wtf? Also, since nobody's gonna have that rim I figured I could get winter tires for it, right? Someone would have something in stock, right?

LOL NO. it's a 205/40/17. Super rare.

There might be one location like 45 mins away that has something... Calling them now. Of course it also means driving in the snow on the highway. Potentially quite sketchy.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17

also, just buy some 16 inch steelies for winter. tire rack will set you up. looks like a winter tire steelies package is arounf 560 usd
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-11-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Fiestas are, I believe, the last Ford products using a 4-lug wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Fiestas are, I believe, the last Ford products using a 4-lug wheel.
    shame.

4x100 is a lifestyle
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    shame.

4x100 is a lifestyle
    4x100 is super common and I would be really okay with that. But 4x108?

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I honestly know very little about tires.

That said, increasing the width while maintaining the same aspect ratio will mean the tire is taller, no? So it'll screw with the speedo?

None of the tire shops said anything about resizing...

And all the shops I called said it was rare, one said it was used only on the FiST, and older Miata and a Fiat (I assume the 500?)
    Check this out: http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/HeightofTires.htm

And the speedometer change is negligible: https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/