Page 406 of 418 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I do think Edwards and Gilroy (not sure who gets credit with what so I've giving it to both) did a good job with Rogue One - it's by far the best story and shoot of the modern movies to come out. More like that would have been nice.

everyone's all like "new year new me" and im like im keepin the same moto as before ... loose cars and fast women, or fast cars and loose women.

on a more serious note, i have spent a lot of time in the last year thinking about how fucked up online communication is versus actual communication. ive done a bunch of research into the sympathy/empathy/mirror neurons, which seems to explain a lot, but doesnt point to a clear solution yet. i'll be working on that this year.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-02-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    everyone's all like "new year new me" and im like im keepin the same moto as before ... loose cars and fast women, or fast cars and loose women.

on a more serious note, i have spent a lot of time in the last year thinking about how fucked up online communication is versus actual communication. ive done a bunch of research into the sympathy/empathy/mirror neurons, which seems to explain a lot, but doesnt point to a clear solution yet. i'll be working on that this year.
    You mean its harder to insult someone to their face than online? I would be interested to know the actual science behind what goes on in the brain that makes people total chodes on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    You mean its harder to insult someone to their face than online? I would be interested to know the actual science behind what goes on in the brain that makes people total chodes on the internet.
    turns out it might actually be biological. as in the brain has in-built neurons, that automatically fire when watching another human do or say something, that feel/act similar to the other human. i think thats a leading reason why so many people comment on how different people are on the internet, versus in person. i've already run tests based on screen names, and seeing how literally the exact same words from other screen names (on several forums) changes the outcome, response, and reception of comments, i want to work on video next. video being one step closer to in person. see if seeing video at least gets some of the "human" parts to communicate compared to just pure text.

as i said, its still in the "why" and "what" stages ... but knowing why, and how, might present a possible solution.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I actually stated "new year, new me" when I walked into our morning meeting. That was amended with "nah, just kidding, same old me, you lucky bastards".

I believe that anonymity, lack of true consequences and the ability to "edit"(in most cases), means we can all be chodes if we want.

I also feel that tone or the lack thereof on the internet is more responsible for most cases of insults.as someone who is very sarcastic, even when i choose not to be, has gotten me into trouble. So when talking, you can hear the inflections in the voice or even get the mood when speaking, where as, reading a word/statement, and then inferring more to that, as we are all suspicious of anyone not agreeing with us, starts the process of making mountains out of molehills

to take us back to the gender discussion from a hundred pages ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

or as i stated those hundred pages ago: both sides are struggling with the fact that the rules of tradition are gone. and the traditionalists can't cope, and so want to change things back, becasue at least then we'd all know what the rules were. and then there is the rest of us, who are like, gender isn't working anymore, but we've been down that path, and its a bad one, but i also don't really know what to do either.

in reality the solution is, as she suggests, a new male identity. which, we can't get from women. we can only get from ourselves. I know what i think that is, and i try to live it every day. but its a bigger problem than that.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-12-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Christ FedEx is shit. They?re 3 days late now and they just keep pushing the delivery estimate back a day as if nothing happened and it?s always been like that.

I've been there. I've also seen cases where USPS doesn't bother delivering a package and just leaves a note saying they tried.

I think a lot of issues come from the American culture/work ethic of not giving a shit about your job, especially for minimum wage work.

It?s not minimum wage work.

From what I?ve read there?s a lot of very poor management in the delivery world.