Page 82 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums...pskdvxchn5.mp4

Well hello there pretty lady in all your naked carbony sexiness...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that groups of people get together for the purpose of playing with nerf guns like they do in paintball ?

Thats a new one on me.
    .... um yeah?

what else is the point of nerf guns?
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 09-23-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Years ago (back in the DocNickel days) we found some pom-pom fringe. We cut the pom-poms off and took the hoppers and such off the guns. They shot about 10-15ft.

I was house sitting one of my bosses houses, and we got about 200 of them. I invited everybody at the time (this was mid 90's?) and we ran around the house single loading and shooting each other. The guys with cockers had a few problems, you had to load one shot, shoot the next. I ran a pro-am with no feeder because it was easiest to load.

Some of the most fun we have had with paintball gear ever.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    .... um yeah?

what else is the point of nerf guns?
    So children don't hurt themselves or others ?
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    So children don't hurt themselves or others ?
    that awkward moment when someone thinks one childs game is "cooler" or "tougher" than another child's game.

man, we dress up like clowns, hide behind inflatable lawn decorations and shot gelcap pills at one another, and have entire forums dedicated to the the best way to do this, and what different "guns" look like if they had sex with one another.

paintballers arn't ones to give shit to anyone else for any reason hahaha.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Went to the world maker faire in nyc this weekend. Some tchotchke stuff, but some really neat stuff too. Tormach had some really cool affordable personal cnc machines there.

The PCNC440 looks pretty great if space is at an absolute premium, but I don't think it is a very good value being as close in price to the 770 as it is. Beats the pants off a converted mill, though, which is about all you'll readily find in that size range.

I don't see the specs on it if they are using the high speed spindle they just introduced to the bigger Mills it would be very interesting because no other small machine offers a 25k rpm spindle or even close.

I guess tool changer comes later that is a needed thing it seems way to limited without it especially being that close to the 770 as you said.

Sadly, they opted for a 3/4HP 10,000 RPM spindle. But, the new high speed spindle is not compatible with the TTS, so I'm guessing they prioritized that over the spindle speed.

Yea I was kind of hoping they would figure out how to get the tts in the new spindle or they just ditch it for a different more balanced system in it.

I didn't know the tts stuff could spin at least 10000 rpm either especially the non collet holders they are not balanced at all and the collet holders might need a balanced nut on them.

The 3/4 hp is ok for that size of machine to but always wish it would be more hp to push a decent tool like that hog shear they have on there.