Page 88 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Force Awakens Trailer 2

Arclight's (theatre chain in LA) website has been down for like the last 3 hours trying to buy tickets haha.

Bound and determined not to watch any trailers for this movie, the next few days will be perilous.

I'd say you're pretty safe watching this trailer, they don't give anything away.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post

Bound and determined not to watch any trailers for this movie, the next few days will be perilous.
    Yeah it's been a battle. I have resolved to watch no trailers or teasers and just go to the movie a clean slate. Social Media is NOT my friend.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

I didn't want to watch any trailers after the whole Episode 1 debacle. "But guys, what if the movie sucks?" was a valid point made in Fanboys.

Han and Chewie's 3 seconds of screen time in the first trailer sucked me in. I've been fanboy'ing pretty hard since then. Having said that, I don't worry too much about the movie overall, because it's Star Wars. I liked "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull", while plenty of people hated it. Was it classic Indy? Nope, Harrison Ford's gotten a bit (haha) older, slower, and the premise was kind of goofy. But it was Indy, and I don't mind suspending reality for a couple hours to just enjoy a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Eh, it's a result of how they engineer the suspension. They over damp the shocks and rely on many, many bushings to get the NVH out. By the time you get to 80k everything needs to be replaced. The m3 had all new bushings and was a really solid driver. Amazing really. But, not fast enough for me to miss it.

For the record I parted it after front end damaging it the night before my wedding
    giggity
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Force Awakens Trailer 2

i am so concerned.

when JJ did star trek it was ....ok. bust mostly filled with homages to the audiences youth. just over and over again the same shit.

i am very concerned the new star wars will be more of the same.

give us something new JJ, you are our only hope.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    another planet destroying superweapon would be the terrible, poorly concieved gimmick that completely ruins it for me...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

lets face, there have been 2 good star wars movies. out of 6 total made, 3 of them being in a three way battle for the worst movies of all time. and jedi is just not a good movie. betting the new star wars movie will be good, is betting against the curve, and betting a worse than even money chance that JJ wont fuck it up because hes maybe like .5 out of 2 on star trek movies being good too.

sums up my thoughts pretty well:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/wha...too-1737539377
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-21-2015 at 01:47 PM.

I was gonna say 1/6, empire's the only one worth anything.

As a trek nerd, I empathize with what's aabout to happen to star wars. Although it's definitely true that Abrahms fits that franchise better...