Page 118 of 418 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Picture didn't work, but I am intrigued as I have two threewheelers (Spyder and Drift Trike) and contemplating building my third (Sports bike powered reverse trike).
    Huh, I wonder why it didn't work.

S&S V twin at the front, belt-driven wheel at the back. I'll post a video when we're ready to start it (should be in a few days, hopefully) - anything specific you want to know?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Well, I know a few bits off the top of my head:

There's an S&S engine for a production model, but a Harley 88CI for now. Fibreglass body (currently with a guy called Augie after 4 guys utterly failed to deliver) w/trunk. 15x4.5 Wheels at the front, a 17x9 at the back. 96'' wheelbase. The rear suspension unit is air driven (not quite sure how it all works). The designer (my uncle) is very much a perfectionist.

I know it has been designed as both a kit car and a normal production version. Think minature hot rod style.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

I have been considering air ride for the rear also. Hardest decision is front suspension.

Simon, I'm a little surprised you haven't engineered yourself an ultralight aircraft yet.

Insider
    Simon, I'd suggest cannibalizing a lotus. Like VW did with the stillborn GX3...

Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Simon, I'm a little surprised you haven't engineered yourself an ultralight aircraft yet.
    I plan to build a helicopter from a kit one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Simon, I'd suggest cannibalizing a lotus. Like VW did with the stillborn GX3...

Lotus left me with a very bad taste in my mouth after the Evora. As long as I can get all parts without having to go near a Lotus Dealer that's not a bad idea.

lots of trouble, usually serious?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Enough that I lemon law'd it and then traded what was left for the RV without looking back...

ooof, yeah im not a fan of these v6 lotus cars. the series 2 elises i think are the closest to a reliable lotus you could/can get in the states. that being said, they are WAY to expensive for what you get these days, and wowsa, like half of them salvage titles.

keeps me in mr2s .... not that reliability is my cars strong suit ....
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.