Page 122 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I'm just happy there's the howl of race engines at Daytona. The start of the racing season is a happy time.

i'm a fan of impartial 3rd party BoP testing. its more expensive, but a better way to asses a cars ultimate potential. its easy for a team to claim "hey we were testing something new out, it didn't work" if you try and trust teams to show there full hand in practice. they might show there full hand in qualifying, but in endurance racing, qualifying and race pace are very different, and passing is much easier, so qualifying matters so much less than a sprint format.

to BoP naysayers, and i was one at one point, i said "let the companies and engineers battle it out without any BoP" ..... the reality is, the accountants win. whoever is willing to spend more money wins. thats not racing either, its spending money to win. GT racing needs BoP, simple as that.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Because I enjoy causing you guys physical pain

Taken from Reddit today, title "What a bad day looks like"

Edit: "A12 Porsche 997 GT3 RS MK1, Ferrari F430, Gallardo LP560 x2, Porsche Cayman and Cayenne, GT500 Mustang"
    http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=4770510
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-29-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

daaaaaaamn

Someone has a huge insurance bill coming...

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Anyone ever successfully bled Wilwood brakes? Done everything by the book, fixed the two small leaks, still nothing close to a firm pedal. I've bench bled the master cylinder, used a vacuum assist. Somehow, air is getting in and/or circulating.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

lol Ford GT is both slow AND unreliable. this is why you dont say stupid shit like "we will be competitive from race 1 on ...."

NOT a good start for ford this year. porsche and corvette battling it out, and the one works ferrari in the mix too.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-31-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    The side by side double finish for the 'vette on the GT's first has to hurt.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    The side by side double finish for the 'vette on the GT's first has to hurt.
    why?

they put on a hell of show the last 30 minutes, great racing.