Page 138 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Well I don't know what that is but if your project isn't green, interdisciplinary, or innovative, you might as well kill yourself.
    I lol'd a little at the cynicism.

“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.”
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Unexplained acronyms in a powerpoint are always a crowd pleaser. How dare you be watching my presentation without knowing every acronym potentially used in the industry.

Ever put together a Powerpoint and think about making up an acronym? Just throw something in there, knowing nobody will speak up and ask what it is for fear of a)extending the time spent in the presentation and b)looking stupid in front of their peers?

File that under "reasons I can't work in big office settings".

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    Unexplained acronyms in a powerpoint are always a crowd pleaser. How dare you be watching my presentation without knowing every acronym potentially used in the industry.
    code-names too.

i always work to have all my projects co-named based on star trek. nothing better than seeing in a senior VPs power point months later the success of "Project Klingon"
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Ever put together a Powerpoint and think about making up an acronym? Just throw something in there, knowing nobody will speak up and ask what it is for fear of a)extending the time spent in the presentation and b)looking stupid in front of their peers?
    Our engineering boss is from Venezuela. Some of our expressions go over his head a bit. Younger guy, sharp. As a joke we started adding in 'Judy Chop' after the video from the Redneck Ninja crossed our desk one day. We used it ALL over. We included most of the plant in the joke. Maybe 50+ people used it around him.

Middle of a meeting? "So, how do we wire up those Judy Chop valves? ~ They are easy, all of them 4-20, we will put them on the analog card." "Did you see that, he almost spilled his Judy Chop." We had companies send in proposals for work; "Install Spring Hinge Valve on existing tanks with Judy Chop controller." Notes on his desk. 'Can you see me later about the Judy Chops?'

This has gone on for 2 months. Totally random. Background conversations to straight to his face.

Today he used it in a sentence to explain how we will finish a project....
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

RIP "the zebra" https://www.flickr.com/photos/aranac...7667848454215/

they starved it of oil (despite running an accusump?) on saturday, and was literally just given away by charles. yup, he tossed the keys at a group of guys and told them it was theres.

easily 3 grand alone in wheels and tires, 2 grand in suspension, big brake kit, halltech ECU ~a grand ... the parts value easily exceeded 10 grand.

must be nice to be rich. us plebeians have to fix our cars when we break them.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

I don't know, fly casual

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon