Page 253 of 418 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

pbjosh: Perfect post.

Insider
    I think Irony nailed it just as good if not better.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I dub so hard when I watch Seven Samurai it's actually The Magnificent Seven.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    I don't think we should disparage passions.

OT: My favorite movie, all time, is American Psycho. It's another example of a book adaptation that's fundamentally different. The movie is almost surreal at times; it's unclear what has really happened, and what is twisted fantasy. The commentary is really good.

The book makes no such attempt at misdirection.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I don't think we should disparage passions.

OT: My favorite movie, all time, is American Psycho. It's another example of a book adaptation that's fundamentally different. The movie is almost surreal at times; it's unclear what has really happened, and what is twisted fantasy. The commentary is really good.

The book makes no such attempt at misdirection.
    i love that movie too.

sanity, and thus insanity, is such an interesting and terrifying concept.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I played a little bit (~2 hours) of Senua's Sacrifice. Also about mental health issues.

Beautiful graphics, great concept. Kind of repetitive puzzle and combat mechanics though. I think the old Gamecube game Eternal Darkness did a nice job with the sanity thing too - lots of their tricks* REALLY got me and it's the first time I recall seeing that concept in a game. Definitely a less character driven treatment, though.

I've been playing a little Bayonetta lately, and I'm convinced that it's actually a great game. I average maybe an hour a week on games, total. I wish I could get the wife into co-op something (we tried Borderlands, but it didn't take.) She liked L4D2. You can only play Mario Kart 64 on emulator so long....probably. Gaming seems preferable to Netflix - I'd actually love to cancel Netflix just to avoid having that safety valve in the house.

Reeeeaallly trying to get to minimized screen time before the kid arrives.

* My 2 favorites, spoilers. Putting a fly on the screen such that I actually tried to brush it off, and about 15 hours into the game claiming that my save file was corrupted and all progress was lost.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Top post from /r/FSAE

I hear Senua's Sacrifice combat gets a bit better a little further into the game, but really, that's not what it's for. All about dem headphones.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Steve, I love how often your sig changes. Makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Tell us about your Miata again...
    I approve of this post...

i thought we had quite a few racing/car fans. quite a few miata fans too.

if you guys would prefer i didn't talk cars and racing, thats fine. got plenty of other places to talk about it.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.