Page 233 of 418 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Eh, I hate that debate but I see the automag as a spool in the same way as a freestyle. Personally, I prefer the nova over an automag. I am considering getting the breech of my FROG reemed so I can use it some.

Maybe more accurate to say Mike Wood pioneered the use of the pneumatic sear?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Not sure... the nova trigger pull adds air to activate the center plunger (spool or poppet IDC). I do think the mayhem/ FROG use a pneumatic sear, but I don't know when the ICD freestyle came out. I think Mike made some of the best shooting guns for the day, but dangit they're huge.

The Freestyle was the first pneumatic sear I think, but would need to double check the dates. It was certainly patented as such.

Hahaha, how about "mechanically searless markers"
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

to argue the nova was "one of the best shooting guns of it day" is pretty insane.

and the mayhem was junk too.

and the A80 was pretty much junk too.

interesting designs yes ... but good paintball guns for actual use on an actual paintball field? yeah no ...

mike is a classic case in: brilliance, that needs finishing off. some of his ideas were quite good, and some really interesting stuff, but overall you need a simon or jack to actually finish off the idea, and make it into an actual, workable, shooting, practical gun.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I stated my opinion. You stated yours. I actually really like the A80. I also really enjoy shooting my novas. If you have a mayhem or an extra A80 I can add to my collection then send me an offer.

shoot yes, playing in game with, nope.

i had both an RT classic (later i got the RTpro), and a cocker "back in the day" and my friend had a nova. loved it, but it was always giving him trouble, never could figure out how to fix it when it was broken etc etc. oh, and loved to either shred paint, or have roll outs, depending on the bore size. and cleaning the thing was a nightmare after it broke paint. heaven forbid you touch that inner barrel lip too, it would leak or shred even more paint if you did something to it.

he ended up getting a super nova ET at one point, he loved them so much.

man, that was a true pile of a gun. haha
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I mean, you're kind of asking for it by bringing a barrel back on a ball that's sitting at the bottom of a pretty oversized breech, with another ball in the stack probably a quarter of the way in as well.

Interesting aside, now that I look a bit closer y0da's closed bolt Ion is a direct descendent from this design. Probably how you'd reasonably implement it in a modern gun. Apart from adding a bolt, the only barely significant difference is flipping it from additive force to vent to fire.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/nova_8ms.gif

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim...y0da900mod.gif
    Last edited by PBSteve; 10-03-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I mean, you're kind of asking for it by bringing a barrel back on a ball that's sitting at the bottom of a pretty oversized breech, with another ball in the stack probably a quarter of the way in as well.

Interesting aside, now that I look a bit closer y0da's closed bolt Ion is a direct descendent from this design. Probably how you'd reasonably implement it in a modern gun. Apart from adding a bolt, the only barely significant difference is flipping it from additive force to vent to fire.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/nova_8ms.gif

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim...y0da900mod.gif
    no anti-double feed detent either.

personally the valve of the nova i think is a good idea, id just design it with a blowforward personally.