Page 364 of 418 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    @Fred the Ford 3.5L Ecoboost options are interesting in a straight line kind of way in that segment. The SHO might be the only one that even attempts to handle, though. And there's a lot of yuck to the styling.

A coworker drives a mint V70R with light mods which is about the best of breed. Golf R and Focus RS also come to mind (paging imped).

General commentary:

I think the multiple car solution is always best. Try to chase 2 rabbits, and both escape. Having a practical AWD winter-tank and hauler truck is never going to be a bad decision, and means that you can get something completely irresponsible and inarguably awesome and rwd for the second slot. (FT86, ND Miata, AP1 S2000, etc etc)
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

always a fan of the two car solution, or the three car, or the four car, or the 5 car solution.

i mean in my case thats just 1 tow vechicle + whatever number of miatas i can get away with. ideally 4 at this point. daily, road racing car, autocross car, and fully caged ice racing car.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I've got a little over a year left on my ATS, which'll be the last one since its been axed.

So many directions to look...
    • Buick is finally incentivizing the TourX, which may or may not last long enough for a new one, but should be available used with CPO.
    • Volvo wagons make me drool.
    • ATS-V is depreciating nicely... but RWD in MI year round may not be the best choice.
    • Colorado ZR2 is looking sharp and I wouldn't mind a truck.
    • The new Wranglers speak to me. Can't put my finger on it but maybe it has to do with wanting to do more outdoorsy stuff, towing my boat, camping, etc... The new pickup with the soft top especially looks promising.
    • GTI again. Every time I see one it turns my head still... and oh how I miss rowing my own.

My old GTI with snow tires was an absolute hoot in the snow. Had to turn off Traction Control though, wheel wells would fill with so much snow it'd trigger it (oops sport springs...).
    It's not the RWD I'd be worried about in the snow with the ATS-V... ground clearance and the front splitter I'd be more worried about. Also, I'm pretty certain you can get them with 3 pedals. Also, from an insider: A replacement is coming for ATS/CTS. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been already leaked/theorized.

What about Camaro? Same platform, will handle arguably the same, all trims come with 3 pedal options, and the LT1/4 is a beast. For me, I wanted 4 doors so this was out. I wish the TourX was in Canada, it's such a good looking vehicle. Would have been even better if they left the plastic crap off it, though.

I REALLY wish I could have afforded a V60... and that the redesign was available when I bought my FiST. It's just such a gorgeous car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    @Fred the Ford 3.5L Ecoboost options are interesting in a straight line kind of way in that segment. The SHO might be the only one that even attempts to handle, though. And there's a lot of yuck to the styling.

A coworker drives a mint V70R with light mods which is about the best of breed. Golf R and Focus RS also come to mind (paging imped).

General commentary:

I think the multiple car solution is always best. Try to chase 2 rabbits, and both escape. Having a practical AWD winter-tank and hauler truck is never going to be a bad decision, and means that you can get something completely irresponsible and inarguably awesome and rwd for the second slot. (FT86, ND Miata, AP1 S2000, etc etc)
    Ideally, I'd be in the same boat.. almost literally. GF loves sailing and Jeeps, we'd probably have the new Gladiator as a tow vehicle/her DD, I'd have something sporty/fun... like I do now. Just less practical probably.

General commentary:

Yes, maam?

Yeah, 2+ cars is the way to go. My RS is competent enough in this winter shit and the new BRZ is just a freaking blast.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Yes, maam?

Yeah, 2+ cars is the way to go. My RS is competent enough in this winter shit and the new BRZ is just a freaking blast.
    the obvious answer is winter BRZ.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider

General commentary:

That's a BIG No on the Taurus. Ew.

I need 4 doors for hauling mini-me and german shepherd.

Also tow my boat. Hobie 16 Catamaran.

My GTI towed it like a champ...

Golf R is definitely on the radar, Focus RS I love but the styling is honestly a bit too much for me...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Insider
    @ Imped

Sunday morning. 62 degrees, sun is shining. Warm Asphalt. No one else on the road. Twisty Backroad - good condition, some cracked pavement here and there.

What are you driving?

@ Everyone I guess, could be a car you own/owned or just a theory

@ Gordon same question but I know the answer is always a stock miata
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

why does everyone want to lift sports car for winter/offroading?

so ive been looking at my coworkers new denali pick up truck, brand new, super nice truck. looking at that front air damn going ... hummmmm ....

this post was my motivation to actually go out there with a tape measure and find out.

less than 3/4th of an inch difference. crazy. 9 inches versus 8.5 inches.

@ Gordon same question but I know the answer is always a stock miata
    yup. ideally. with an all season tire.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-05-2018 at 03:11 PM.