Page 8 of 418 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Ouch...
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

as much as i respect gene, i also remember the first 2 seasons of TNG .... you can tell gene had a lot of influence because the first two seasons of TNG are basically all repeats of TOS episodes. bleh. and again, love TOS, but those two seasons of TNG are rough to watch now-a-days.

and the whole "go back in time to mess up the timeline' story was used ... in first contact.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

And ... Voyager, such as it was.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Let's see. Red Dwarf did that, where they went back in time and a future JFK was the 'grassy knoll gunman'. But the reality is that a compressed synopsis should not the end all of the idea. Especially 30+ years after it was pitched AND that the writer is no longer with us. Add in that a writer gives only so much, its up to the director and to a point the production designer to fulfill the visual dream. Dune is a classic example of that. The David Lynche version is visually fantastic but strays from the book, the latter remake(with William Hurt) is very true to the book, but through poor acting(or actors) and a far less alien world(the books were set in the year 10,000). Hell you can have the opposite. In Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton was stilted with some of the characters, even the young niece of John Hammond was pretty much a body, with nothing to do. In the movie, she plays a significant part, helping restart the park; in the book, her brother was the one that did that.

The relaunch of Star Trek is shit. I do hate when people go back and clean up things to make them nice and tidy. Cause they forget that the people that loved and propelled the series could care less about it. Comics forever have had that problem. Hell look what Lucas did and how he was lambasted for having Greedo shooting first.

Couldn't resist. I actualy like the new Trek movies.
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 12-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Anyone ever anodized wheels? I know I've seen them done occasionally, but curious how well none-Type 3 ano holds up on a car.

Just wrote what may have been the easiest final I have. I walked out and went "Darn I forgot to label the Power angle and Power factor angle... Oh well. 98% is still pretty damn good"

Instructor had been terrible all year, midterms weren't difficult (I did poorly, but that's because I made stupid mistakes) but it was his first time teaching and he had no support from the dept. It's gonna turn into a shitstorm if I have any say. He's a good guy and he tried... So the final was pretty easy. Said he'd drop the midterm marks in lieu of the final if we got 80-90%.

Hoping that he goes far and learned lots from teaching us.

Insider
    I wasn't invited back as an adjunct because I failed 3 students across the 2 courses I was teaching... hah

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I wasn't invited back as an adjunct because I failed 3 students across the 2 courses I was teaching... hah
    Fred is such a hard-ass.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Its an all nighter again. 6pm-6am