Page 105 of 418 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Hrm, seems to get pretty heavy when you put a lot of points on it...
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    vasectomies .... thoughts?

context: dont want kids now, older i get the more firmly i seem to be deciding that. adoption is always a possibility and i would freeze some semen locally here as a "just in case" but frankly, i think after a year or two, that might go in the trash too.
    Love mine! It is a weird surgery but very much worth it. Take a few days off, heal up, and go from there.

And yeah, you need a few days off. Day 1 isn't bad at all, but day 2-4 is a bit of a surprise.

I have had zero problems since, no discomfort and no kids.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

context: dont want kids now, older i get the more firmly i seem to be deciding that. adoption is always a possibility and i would freeze some semen locally here as a "just in case" but frankly, i think after a year or two, that might go in the trash too.
    Don't do it. You might feel differently later.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

Have you met the partner you want to spend the rest of your life with? If you have and it is the right thing for both of you then go ahead, but if you haven't I believe you should wait for them as having kids is a decision that should really be made together, and it could make or break a relationship if you have taken steps to make it that much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    That's a bit trippy. Reminds me of the boat radar. I can't wait to get that boat back in the water next year

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Love mine! It is a weird surgery but very much worth it. Take a few days off, heal up, and go from there.

And yeah, you need a few days off. Day 1 isn't bad at all, but day 2-4 is a bit of a surprise.

I have had zero problems since, no discomfort and no kids.
    yeah thats what i've read, have a few days vacation ready to go. thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Don't do it. You might feel differently later.
    people have been telling me that for long time, but it never seems to happen. and, as mentioned, adoption is great (and better for the world) alternative, as is freezing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Have you met the partner you want to spend the rest of your life with? If you have and it is the right thing for both of you then go ahead, but if you haven't I believe you should wait for them as having kids is a decision that should really be made together, and it could make or break a relationship if you have taken steps to make it that much harder.
    no, have not met someone im committed to being with the rest of my life. i also don't really see that as a fundamental goal in my life either. if that happened, i'd be happy, but its not something that would crush me if it never happened. i love my life as is. i really only date and am interested in women who don't want kids. i mean thats a filter thats already applied in my relationships with women, if one is dying to be a mom, then dating/marrying me is a non-starter.

not that it means anything but the woman im dating right now is all for it.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-10-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I've heard that a lot of doctors won't do a vasectomy unless someone's had a child, because there's a high rate of regrets later and reversal is much more complicated and not all that successful. If you're even thinking there's a possibility you'd want your own kids down the road, wait. If you're committed to not creating a fresh tiny human, or going the adoption route, then it's something to discuss further.

That said, after five kids, I did it and don't regret it for a moment. It allowed my wife to get off the pill, which is healthier for her. Very high risk of breast cancer, and the pill is all estrogen, added to lots of kids being a big risk factor, and getting older. Risk on top of risk on top of risk, plus heavy family history, it made sense for me to get it done on my end.

The surgery itself is really no big deal. I laughed through most of mine... seems I'm rather susceptible to certain drugs, like Valium. Never felt a thing during, and after wasn't as bad as I'd made it out to be in my mind. The old cliche of "a couple bags of frozen peas" didn't even come into play. My biggest concern was doing it in late March (a couple years back) and being 100% for Living Legends. No worries there, I was moving full speed by a couple days after. The one caution was that there's still the possibility of "live ammo" for a few months following the procedure, so it's something to be aware of.

Insider
    Have you met the partner you want to spend the rest of your life with?
    No! Do you really want spawn of Cockerpunk? Come on here! This is Eugenics!

adoption is great
    In the course of Pro-A or Pro-C I found I am extremely pro-adoption. My wife was adopted, my cousins, and one of my daughters. HUGE fan.

The surgery itself is really no big deal. I laughed through most of mine...
    I did the same, you kinda have to laugh. I had some busy body from work call 3 times in a row trying to get ahold of me to answer a question, and I answered, said I was in the middle of a surgery and started describing the current procedure and that if they call 3 times that generally means it is an emergency, and is this an emergency?

NEVER had the problem again from her.

Never felt a thing during, and after wasn't as bad as I'd made it out to be in my mind. The old cliche of "a couple bags of frozen peas" didn't even come into play.
    I had swelling. As in softball sized swelling. I had to waddle around for 3 days. My little kids thought it was funny and would mimic me and waddle around the house.

Really, softball. No joke or exaggeration.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I had swelling. As in softball sized swelling. I had to waddle around for 3 days. My little kids thought it was funny and would mimic me and waddle around the house.

Really, softball. No joke or exaggeration.
    I know it sounds cruel, but that's funny.

We decided to go the tubal ligation route. Both of our kids were C-Section and since they were in there already w/ the Mrs., it made sense to do it then. We were given the choice of a natural birth for the second, but didn't want to risk any complications from the 1st C-section. If she did natural for the 2nd, I was going in for the snipping.

well so this is 7 days straight of work. sick every single one of them so far.

at least we are doing important, interesting and amazing work here. sometimes i with i could talk more freely about these things, but i can't. nanometers boys, nanometers.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

What industry do you work in? Defense?