Page 11 of 418 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am looking forward to it, but a little nervous with how close it will be to Emilie's due date.

Want to ride out in the RV with me?
    Yes.

Oh wait, was that not an open invitation?

Yeah, I hear that only 5% come on their due date.

I also think we may be a little further along than they estimate so I wouldn't be surprised if it were early.
    Both boys were early.

Logan, our first, was early by 2 weeks or so due to Michelle's high blood pressure. (We later found out that her kidneys had shut down and almost lost both of them.)

Ryan was only early by 2 days - scheduled for July 4th, came July 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
    Yes.

Oh wait, was that not an open invitation?
    LMAO. You would be coming from completely the opposite direction

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Both boys were early.

Logan, our first, was early by 2 weeks or so due to Michelle's high blood pressure. (We later found out that her kidneys had shut down and almost lost both of them.)

Ryan was only early by 2 days - scheduled for July 4th, came July 2nd.
    That is scary. I take it the shut down was in some way related to the pregnancy and she was ok afterwards?

To be honest the more I read about pregnancy, the more the whole thing becomes scary.

Woo! Congrats on the new deal mill!

You know, people talk about how childbirth is a beautiful thing. Having done this five times, I'll say it's amazing, it's incredible, and I'm glad I'm a dude. Seeing what my wife did... yeah... I'm convinced if guys had to do that, the species would not make it.

I was also out of the room for two of the five. Not intentionally. Michaela I missed because I was taking Ethan down the hall so he didn't have to see. Sidney I missed because I was picking up a rose order that had to be picked up that day in a narrow time window. With Madi and Jack, since I'd seen Ethan's birth from the "doctor's vantage", I chose to just be more on the "support the wife, hold her hand" area. It's the better place to be, IMO.

That is scary. I take it the shut down was in some way related to the pregnancy and she was ok afterwards?

To be honest the more I read about pregnancy, the more the whole thing becomes scary.
    The running theory is that she carried fairly high the entire pregnancy and as he got bigger towards the end (really only happened the week before he was born) he put physical pressure on the kidneys. They had asked her to do a 24 hour urine sample after seeing a large amount of protein in her weekly check up. She barely put any quantity into the jug, whereas a normal pregnant woman would have filled it. Soon as they pulled Logan out, her kidneys kicked in and she filled bag after bag through the catheter.

Both are healthy and well, but that experience gave us great pause when thinking about the 2nd.

With the 2nd, Ryan took a big gulp of amniotic fluid on the way out and had trouble breathing. So he got to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks. It was hard seeing him all wired up and not able to pick him up, and especially hard leaving the hospital without him when she was discharged.
    Last edited by Dayspring; 12-16-2014 at 03:24 PM.

I want to be there obviously, but not sure which end yet
    We were C-Section for both - I can say that I got to see her insides.

I also saw a doctor bury her arm almost to the shoulder getting Ryan out. I was ready to ask her how Michelle's tonsils felt.
    Last edited by Dayspring; 12-16-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Woo! Congrats on the new deal mill!

You know, people talk about how childbirth is a beautiful thing. Having done this five times, I'll say it's amazing, it's incredible, and I'm glad I'm a dude. Seeing what my wife did... yeah... I'm convinced if guys had to do that, the species would not make it.

I was also out of the room for two of the five. Not intentionally. Michaela I missed because I was taking Ethan down the hall so he didn't have to see. Sidney I missed because I was picking up a rose order that had to be picked up that day in a narrow time window. With Madi and Jack, since I'd seen Ethan's birth from the "doctor's vantage", I chose to just be more on the "support the wife, hold her hand" area. It's the better place to be, IMO.
    I agree completly with you, my wife is pregnant and the expected date is January 10th. Mi wife has a blood sindrome, so all the pregnancy she has taken a anticoagulant shot everyday, needless to say that I admire her very much, because I know I couldn''t handle it. By the way, my fiirst child, so I don't know if I can hold it in there with her when she gives birth.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmexico View Post
    I agree completly with you, my wife is pregnant and the expected date is January 10th. Mi wife has a blood sindrome, so all the pregnancy she has taken a anticoagulant shot everyday, needless to say that I admire her very much, because I know I couldn''t handle it. By the way, my fiirst child, so I don't know if I can hold it in there with her when she gives birth.
    In the delivery room, you'll be fine. When they take you to the nursery with the baby while they clean the Mrs. up, that's when you'll lose it. I did.