Page 117 of 418 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

That tech is high energy. Seems a little nervous.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    oh hey, its a Mikrokator

been a while since i've seen one of those. used to use those a lot back at PI boring holes to +/- 5 millions. very accurate measuring tool.

that isn't a good measurement of plannarity though. the real way he is getting them flat is though the use of the 3 plate technique pioneered by Moore. have i ever mentioned before that everyone who ever wants to do anything mechanical needs to read his book? i think i've only suggested it 100 times ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Hey Simon,

I've always been curious (and wandering the internet while stuck in the snowstorm reminded me), why was the Empire Trracer so short lived?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Hey Simon,

I've always been curious (and wandering the internet while stuck in the snowstorm reminded me), why was the Empire Trracer so short lived?
    Low sales numbers. A few thousand units a year isn't enough for KEE to keep a product alive.

I was at the shot show all week in Vegas and had to change my flight to get back before the storm. I was on the last flight out that made it.

Anyway. The shot show is something else and makes me cringe at the size our industry is in comparison.

Any plans to expand into real steel? Or at least parts for real steel?

I already sell my camera mounts to real steel users.

I also bought my first cnc machine to build AR and 1911 parts but NJ laws killed that.

No immediate plans but it is one of my hobbies and I see somethings I would like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Low sales numbers. A few thousand units a year isn't enough for KEE to keep a product alive.
    Truly a shame. My Trracer is the one Nelson-based pump I've ever been able to shoot comfortably. No idea why, but it fits me like it was built for me. I always tell people, I sold off my S6 because I like my Trracer better.

It's definitely a marker I want to pick up just to pull out for a game or two every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    I'm spending some time with my great uncle in Oregon, building his latest project, a 3-wheeler.

Incredibly good fun, he's full of stories about his time at Lotus & Alvis.
    Picture didn't work, but I am intrigued as I have two threewheelers (Spyder and Drift Trike) and contemplating building my third (Sports bike powered reverse trike).